Catamaran Tour to Samana. Any Help on this subject plse!

Claudi

Jul 10, 2002
Hi all,

I will be going to DR on the 21st this month and my travel agent in Portugal especifically pointed out that we should take the "Catamaran Tour to Samana", as one of the best tours.

I will be in the Riu San Juan area so, my question is:

Is this Tour worth it and what is it about? Ok 2 questions

What?s the distance between Riu San Juan and Samana?

Thanks to all tha tcan help.

Claudi:cool:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
It's about an hour and a half or two hour drive trip. Could be lovely if it borders the coast and then allows time for touring some of the beaches of Samana. Where does it stop off in Samana? Another option would be to spend two nights in Samana to see some of the lovely beaches of this area. What is the cost? How long will you be in Rio San Juan? Where will you be staying? Any possibility of splitting your stay between Rio San Juan and Samana?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've sailed along the coast from Rio San Juan to Samana, and it is beautiful country. Mountains, much tropical greenry, etc., etc. But I tend to think that you turn around at Las Terrenas or somewhere else on north coast of Samana Peninsula. To go around the point and into the Bay of Samana, then to the city of Samana, would make the trip too long for one day.

Hopefully there will be a good breeze so that you can sail both ways.

If you make the trip, be sure to have good sunglasses (sun more intense when reflecting off the water), a hat and plenty of sunscreen. You'll need to protect yourself from the sun and reflection.

Claudi

Jul 10, 2002
Thanks to those who answered, but I?m staying at Bahia Principe an all inclusive resort and only for 1 week, so I don?t want to move from one place to the other, I just want to rest and enjoy!

I was just asking if the Tour was worth doing, not how much it costed. And also, because my agent in Portugal suggested it I thought it was a common Tour advertised in some of the local area Resorts.

Thanks anyway.

Claudi

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you are only staying for a week, you should concentrate on the north coast area. Lots to see and do, including day trips to Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Sosua and Cabarete, maybe even out to Luperon. See the left side bar of the Travel index page (click on the Travel word at the top of this page) and check out the links in the left side bar for these destinations and what to do in each. You will be staying in the Playa Grande area. See http://dr1.com/travel/playagrande/