Going back to DR soom.

Crystal K

Jul 20, 2002
Looking for some imput. Visited Boca Chica in june and had a nice time. My friends insist that we could have secured a stay ant a more lively location. I was hesitant to go much farter away from the city because I thought if we stayed at a resort further out we would be even more segregated from that locals. Thereby having a vacation the would be sadly comprable to a trip to Florida.

We all agree that we would like to stay at a resort, keep cost mamageable and still meet people who actually live in the surrounding area. Our stay at the Hamaca was pleassant out side of minor problems, but I wounder if there is a time of year/season during which Boca Chica or any other town has a great influx of travelers from varoius ports and lots of stuff going on. Cost is an issue for all of us so we reallty would like to make the best of our next trip with what we have. Not much into waterports, more inclined to sun, dancing ,socialization, and social and cultural points of interest

I'm short on fear but really short on spanish, upon whih I have been vigorously working. Irealize that I need to spend more time away from the compound this time. Would like to see more of DR, and her people. I did meet people from New York and Puerto Rico but I meet them at home(as I do Dominicans)

Would you agree I need a better plan ? what time of the year is best to go? Given my criteria is Boca Chica the best choice ? ...remember I've got to get a dance or two with a sankie (He my be initially disappointed that his objective will not be met but there's another plane coming !!!
:bunny:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The winter months are typically the best for the hotels and restaurants. This is the "high season". If you want to come to the Dominican Republic when has the most tourist activity, come between Christmas and mid-April.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The Juan Dolio area has lots of hotels,and lots of...

....Canadian,English,European,and a few markets,American tourists,"better beaches,better hotel pools,Discos,Restaurants,Locals,and "MommC" if you come in the "winter"CRISCO

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I agree that Jaun Dolio is a good choice for you Crystal. Capella Beach Resort and Coral Costa Caribe are my choices there. Just 15 minutes in either direction you can go to either Boca Chica or San Pedro for clubs and still you are not far from Santo Domingo.
Jaun Dolio is quite safe to walk around and explore. Also, January is probrably the best time to meet more people.