Shipping

C.H. McKay

Jul 24, 2002
I need information on a company that might have started shipping gravel from Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico. This would be a new contract. I believe the company is "Octave Shipping". It should have 3 Tugs and 3 barges working. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.H. McKay

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
tugs and barges

In the event someone emails you directly with this info I would appreciate having it also. We ship sand and gravel from the DR to the islands and have never heard of this company...and we use lots of different groups. Would love to chat with them as well.

As far as PR goes, we have been asked many times to ship sand and gravel there but their import department ("State") is stringent to the point of a potential demurrage nightmare due to "contaminants"(soil) that might ride alon in the sand and gravel. Essentially they are protecting what mining operations they have there. However, Calcium Carbonate / pure limestone is possible.

Best, Dave Snyder

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Light aggregates

I know of a company that ships out light aggregates on a regular basis and could get you a meeting if you are interested. The product is not extracted from rivers and they are looking for new markets.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Dave!

When we gonna hook up?

HB
bandit.gif