Summer job in the DR

Beachbabe

Jul 26, 2002
I just returned from Punta Cana a few weeks ago and totally feel in love with it. Does anybody know how I would go about getting a job at one of the resorts. I know the pay is probably crappy but I want to do it more for the experience. Sounds like a good idea? It would be for next summer before I start college. Please someone who has a opinion about this give me some advice!!!!
Thanx so much ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Generally speaking, chances of your getting a summer job at a tourist resort are very slim. One reason is that summer is the slow season for many and it is not uncommon for them to reduce hours of their regular employees and/or lay some off until business improves.

If what you might do for the resort is the same thing that can and is being done by Dominican employees, that is a further barrier.

If you have special skills that a resort can use--are a semiprofessional entertainer, for example--you would have a better chance of finding work. Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't offer much encouragement.

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Beachbabe said:
I just returned from Punta Cana a few weeks ago and totally feel in love with it. Does anybody know how I would go about getting a job at one of the resorts. I know the pay is probably crappy but I want to do it more for the experience. Sounds like a good idea? It would be for next summer before I start college. Please someone who has a opinion about this give me some advice!!!!
Thanx so much ;)

This is most likely a wild goose chase and it isn't Punta Cana but if you are a qualified scuba diver you might check out Northern Coast Aquasports in Sosua.

http://www.northerncoastdiving.com/northerncoast.html
:cool: :cool:

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Job

well, I have been working for the last 8 yrs in the Entertainment area for all inclusive resorts, you may be likely to get a job if u have some talent, like dancing, sports, being outgoing, etc. so u can work in the entertainment or guest service area, probably if u succed u will have to stay at least for 6 months, its not likaly to hire ppl for less time than that.
Good luck.