Supernatural chicken story great.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I got a good laugh out of the supernatural chicken piece in today's DR1 news, Rob. I hope that we will be getting updates.

If you had a chicken like that, you wouldn't have to charge. You could easily finance DR1 off lottery winnings, etc.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I hope you submitted it, Pib. I see from the website that they are soliciting material.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Rob, what day was it in Hoy newspaper? I've been trying to find it to e-mail some Dominican friends here, to no avail. If it's today's edition, I imagine I will find it tomorrow, because today's edition of Hoy isn't yet posted.
Thanks!

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
User names

Some people here got more names than the Moon got Craters!!!

What's up with these multiple names?? Things to hide Crisco?

Next time I am in Santo Domingo (another 4 weeks) I will give you a call.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The HEN that roared?

Actually there is a lesson to be learned here.

1) Perhaps the most imortant one, is that Dominicans, in general, are extremely vulnerable to this sort of beliefs. Incredibly so. Many of you have seen the huge moths that fly around in the evenings. You can't kill them because if you can get close enough to them, they have the winning lottery number on their wings. I know this is true because a cousin of my compadre's uncle told my aunt that it was so.
2) And we wonder why so many quacks are operating in the DR/??
3) Why the recent scam that AndyB talked about works a lot?
4) LOOK AT THESE NUMBERS:
From the List?n Diario this weekend.
"At the middle level, the percentages of student with grades of 59 or less, by subject (National Tests)were the following: Spanish Language-56.2%
Math-62.6%
Social Science-80.1%
Natural Sciences-94.6%

In Adult Ed, the percentages of students with low grades were the following:
Spanish Language-37.2%
Math-43.8%
Social Sciences-43.8%
Natural Sciences-64.3%"

Of course the next question is: Why are we spending any money on education if these are the results?? This is horrible and these are Government Statistics! Yeah, I know: There are lies, damned lies and then there are statistics.

HB
BANJO.GIF

Last edited: