Boston-Santiago Boston-Santo Domingo

M

Meng

Is there a market?? Would it be worth it for an Airline to venture in this market? opinions... anyone?

S

Stephen

Doesn't American already fly the Santo Domingo - Boston route?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You Can Actually Check AA First

Flight 2087 BOS-SDQ nonstop 7:35 arrives 11:32
Flight 2084 SDQ-BOS nonstop 12:50 arrives 4:50 p.m.

Daily flights - on M W F S it is an 8:05 flight vs. 7:35 flight.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
AA

AA began direct non-stop flights BOS to SDQ and return on June 15th. Service to Santiago via American, the abridged version, is BOS-MIA (Miami)-STI, BOS-SJU (San Juan)-STI, BOS-JFK(New York)-STI. AA return to Boston from Santiago is usually through Miami.

Who said "you can't git they-aaa from he-aaa"? Regards, PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Re: Re: AA

ricktoronto said:

That would be "you can't git they-AA from he-AA"?

Ricktoronto, I understand; you just could not let it get by you.

Also, Meng, I think this market is already covered. I feel, the investment of another airline service is not worth the return at this time. It would be throwing money into a bottomless pit.

Regards, PJT

M

Meng

AA will stop flying to Boston In september,

The route will be open again in september.... Ill restate my question.. is there a market if no one were flying there?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: AA will stop flying to Boston In september,

Meng said:
The route will be open again in september.... Ill restate my question.. is there a market if no one were flying there?

If the mAArket is people flying there AAnd the AAirlines stop flying there in September then there is no mAArket, or they would still be flying there AAfter September, no?

AActually there AAre 1 stop flights viAA SJU now AAnd AAfter they stop the September flights, so yuo cAAn still get there AAnd who knows mAAybe they stAArt them up AAgain.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Re: AA will stop flying to Boston In september,

Meng said:

Meng, According to the AA website, not only is AA still flying BOS/SDQ in September, but some of the flights are direct non-stop. Where did you come up with your information?

mondongo

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
Meng,

if there wasn't a market, AA wouldn't be in it. TWA actually used to fly the route beforehand. AA serves the route 5 times per week with an A-300 and twice per week with a 757, making the service daily. Clearly, there is a market.

Brian

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Pan Am flies Santiago to Peace Airport in Portsmouth, about 45 minute drive from Boston. People say that the ease of arriving at this small airport versus Boston Logan makes up for the drive. We did it recently, and it was a breeze and pleasure.