Haiti to DR flights

Art Covey

Jan 2, 2002
Thinking of visiting DR via Haiti using Aeroplan points. Are there flights from Port au Prince to either POP or Santo Domingo and rates if available. Thanks for any help.
Art

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Some Ideas

Try Expedia.ca - round trips you need dates but Air Jamaica flies one way for $219.06 to $240 CDN PAP to SDQ - sooooo.....nearly $500 with 2 one ways.

It may be less Aeroplan points to go YYZ to MIA. Then buy a R/T MIA to SDQ on AA or MX ( or, perish the thought, Aeromar) , often quite good deals depending on when you go and how long you stay. I would think much less Aeroplan points to redeem to get to MIA as well so you save some there for later travel. (True 40,000 to PAP , 25,000 to MIA - intersting AA only uses 30,000 from Toronto to SDQ)

Never having been to Haiti, nor wanting to (the sentiment of many people here I think) , I would think it must be a rather poor choice of connecting airports as well.

Since Mexicana is Star Alliance and they fly MIA to SDQ can't you do YYZ to SDQ on them ( undoubtedly they would code share YYZ to MIA on AC anyway).