mental health employment in DR

DavidSane

Aug 2, 2002
I am looking to see if there are mental health employment oppertunities in DR. I have 13 years experience & a MAsters degree. I have not found anything about this subject on the web & a Dominican friend of mine who has been in the US for many years does not know. I am fluent in spanish. If there are any people out there who know or have oppertunities in this field please contact me here or my email address davidsane@hotmail.com
Thank you

frederic

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
You might want to try contacting the Centro Medico UCE (Universidad Central del Este) in Santo Domingo, especifically their mental health department (one whole floor).

DavidSane

Aug 2, 2002
yes real name Rick

Dearest Rick,

Yes it is my real name & co-workers here joke about it all of the time. It is a jewish last name.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I think It Inspires Confidence

In your patients. You can show them ID to say , "yes, the government of the USA says I AM SANE".

If they are paranoid of the US Gov't , well all bets are off.

canyongirl64

Aug 20, 2002
David,

Hi! I am a Social Work major at Texas Woman's University and also have a love for the Dominican Republic. Any information that you do find out I would love to know. I do have a contact in the Dominican who runs a private orphanage that might be able to give you some more leads. If you are interested send me a quick email. Angela