No Seeums

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Those damn little tiny tiny mosquito thingys that bitw..and they bite hard! Got bit Sunday and they are still here and itch like poison ivy. What can you put on those darn bites to get them to go away..I look like I've got some disease! Help...and please don't tell me about using bug spray..they got me as soon as I got out of the river...repelantless and vulnerable.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The best for that "ITCH"

Is "Hydocortisone Cream",1%.I bring it from "CVS" Drug Store in the US,for about 3$ for a 1 ounce tube,You will have to pay about 100 pesos or more for a 1/2 ounce tube! But it is worth it.CRISCO

jim mann

May 9, 2002
no see em's

These little guys are real pests, in Alaska they get you all over.

First they bite you, then lay eggs in the broken flesh and move off for you to be the mother of their kids. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks and out they come. Now if you can stand the smell of ammonia (best to mix it with good water, about 50-50) use cotton or q-tip or just pour it on 4 to 5 times a day. it suffacates the little buggers, in several days they will die and the then remove the scab and next time use a repelent with DEET. Happy scraching. Jim

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I was told by a friend that lived in Alaska to paint the spot with clear nailpolish to suffocate the varmints. Ever hear of that? And really, you mean there are creatures breeding in my flesh? They will really crawl out of me? Like Alien..the movie. Will it hurt? Will I be all pussy and infected? That just sounds so disgusting..I'm breeding little creatures in my flesh...YUCK!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Those are called "jej?nes" or "malle" and

They do not drop eggs in the bite!.

Ammonia is not a bad solution, but the cream suggested by CC is better. Calamine lotion is good.

Jane J, being the Ditz, told you Bibapor?= Vick's Vapor Rub, a Dominican solution to just about everything. Chino Poch?n also will work...

Way to go Jane J, confuse the poor, suffering creature. Tsk, tsk!

Hb....shaking his head....

Last edited:

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
(You're right, you're right...I just wanted to write Bi Bapo Ru. I always have. Bee bappo roo. Hee.)

I don't think I realized the severity of the situation...When can Jan expect to be rid of these things?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Jane, you kill me!!! I read it three times, took a drink of my Pepsi, finally realized what you were saying, and next thing I know, Pepsi flying at the screen through my nose. I should know better than to have anything in my mouth when reading your posts.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Lesson learned??

Jane J....ever have to buy a sileb????see le b???

Linguistically yurs,

HB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I can just see poor Jan scraching her bites as well as her head trying to figure out these words. Jan any relief yet?

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Anything to do with a tingo talango?

Ummm, without knowing exactly what sileb? (s?, le v??) is, I'm going to venture a guess and say that, no, I've never had to buy that.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Well I have to admit that I had no clue what Jane J. was saying but now I understand completly! Made me laugh between the stratching.I can't even wear shorts or a dress cause I feel diseased! Tainted! Mared! Big red spots that are all shiny from the nail polish.But it is good to know that I won't have bugs crawling out of my flesh next week.I could picture them coming out while sleeping or at work...it would be real hard to explain when all these bugs started falling out of my pants!The spots haven't even started to fade yet...when do you think they will go away? Or am I a walking diesase for life!?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
no see ums

I've been bitten by many a no-se-um but didn't use anything but calimin lotion or witch hazel. Even when i didn't have either of those produces I didn't have any eggs layed in me.
I wouldn't put nail polish on them, think of toxic substances your putting into your body, acetate..ect.

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Tea tree oil, if you can get it there, is a great natural antiseptic and will stop the itch!
I had those bites once, ALL over my legs, I used a natural bristle brush on mylegs while in the shower. The marks cleared up pretty quickly.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
They are starting to fade now...and it seems that I'm not breeding bugs in my body! jejeje! I'm almost out of tea tree oil..have to see if they have it here if not I'll have to have it sent from USA. That stuff is a life saver..I use it on my dog too when she has an itch.

Doreen

Jan 29, 2002
Bi Bapo Ru - that is so funny!! Just love it!

Hillbilly, help us out here - what the heck is sileb???

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dearest Jan: No, you are not marked for life

Just your phsyche.... Never, ever give them a chance to bite you...

Now, Jane J. a "si le b?" is in reality a 'sealed beam' a headlight!!

PIB, I gotta say you got me there!

HB