Question: What type of AC plug is standard in the DR?

ms71171

Aug 8, 2002
I was wondering because some of our executives are going there and need to hook up their laptops to AC power.

Thanks for the help

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
ms71171 said:
I was wondering because some of our executives are going there and need to hook up their laptops to AC power.

Thanks for the help

ms71171,
Make sure that the executives have surge protection for their modems if they plan to use them while in the DR. I blew a modem there because of telephone line surges, and fixing laptops in the DR is still difficult, time consuming & expensive, even with the most popular models. Take it from someone who found out the hard way!
Regards,
Keith

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The advice on providing your execs with good surge protection should be taken very seriously. Power quality here is not good. There are constant ups and downs; you could blow a laptop in the first session if it isn't adequately protected. This is true all over the country.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
surge protector would only work best if you have a good ground. make sure you ground all your electronic / electrical equipment, especially the PC. stick a 6 foot rod in the ground and take the wire to your socket.