Jersey Girl!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
A girl from New jersey and a girl from the west coast were seated side by side on an airplane.

The girl from New Jersey, being friendly and all, said, "So, where ya from?"

The west coast girl said, "From a place where they know better than to use a preposition at the end of a sentence."

The girl from New Jersey sat quietly for a few moments and then replied: "So, where ya from, bitch?":mad:

(I realize this has nothing to do with the DR, but 33 years ago today I came to live in the wonderful U.S.A...and landed in the middle of Elizabeth, New Jersey! I've considered myself a "Jersey girl" ever since! Happy Anniversary to me!);)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ken...

I was born in Uruguay, South America...a little up-side down heart shaped piece of land between Brazil and Argentina.

Beautiful country, with wonderful beaches...unfortunately, just like the rest of So. America, impossible to live in...

Universities are free, and I mean everything...even your books, but once you graduate as a lawyer, doctor, etc...there are no jobs available...so you have to leave your country in order to make a living.

My parents both worked, my dad as an accountant and my mom as a nurse, but with 4 kids, we lived in a small house with 2 bedrooms and 1 bath, and never enough money for anything.

I will always be grateful to them for being courageous enough to leave everything behind to give us a chance at a better life.

And of course, my heart belongs to the USA for having welcomed us and making our dreams come true!

Now, stop crying ladies!
;)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I ain't no ladie... Sniff sniff

Nice to read what you wrote. It seems that the US is taken for granted for all the goodness it offers and slighted for any inconviencences that occur when people from other countries comment.

It certainly is and has been the land of opportunity for many and for many generations. Makes me sad to see it bad mouthed. I am only second generation born here and am thankful my grandparents were allowed in.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Musicqueen said:

(I realize this has nothing to do with the DR, but 33 years ago today I came to live in the wonderful U.S.A...and landed in the middle of Elizabeth, New Jersey! ;)

Geez, we were near-neighbors at one time. We lived just across the bridge in Staten Island, NY from 1980-'87. :) And as jazzcom said, thanks for the kind comments about the good ole' USA.

Swede