Marinas

Quester

Aug 9, 2002
Quester is a 48 foot sailboat that draws 7.5 feet. We're looking for a suitable Marina, either in Samana, or Luperon, where we could leave the boat for a couple of weeks over Christmas. (The Marina at Punta Cana says their channel is too shallow).

Any suggestions?

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Not sure about the north coast ...

But in the south I know for a fact that the Club Nautico in Boca Chica can accomadate that type of ship. You might also want to try the Marina at Casa de Campo.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is no marina at present in either Samana or Luperon. There are plans for marinas in both places, but none now.

I lived aboard my sailboat in Samana from 1986 until 1997, when we went down island for 3 years. We now live in Sosua but the boat is moored in Samana harbor.

Your boat could be anchored in either Samana and Luperon for the period. You should hire one of the local "dock boys" to watch over it. If you want to communicate about that with me, you can send me an email or PM by clicking the appropriate button below this post.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Construction is under way for a marina at Playa Cofresi in Puerto Plata, but it will not be done for quite some time as they are finishing a marine park first

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Luperon is by (very) far the best place to leave a boat, and yes, there's a marina there !!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, there is what is called a "marina" in Luperon, but not like those found in the US or elsewhere in the Caribbean.