Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The rules are simple!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I just think the title will discourage people that are not into "debates" yet might have some great input. "Debates" that take place in the General section have some by standers that take part of the discussion. I predict this will turn into an all boys club.I hope not. We all need ladies, right? Anyways, I'll adjust.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you need worry about the lack of female debaters. There are some very outspoken women posting on this board.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I simply don't see how there can be an honest debate with some of the
    participants also being moderators, especially with the views of one of them being anything but politically neutral.

Are the terms "debate" and "political correctness" compatible?

Of course, it's your board and up to you to maintain the type image, and attract the type of readership, that you want.

Goddess
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the best proof of our impartiality the fact that you said that and we let you do it? Go home and think...

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What I can't fathom is how anyone can say....

no attacks on wives and children yet themselves makes vicious attacks on individuals posting even when the post is in the "comedy" bin.
    As for outspoken ladies posting to the "debates" section I'm sure you'll find that many of the most outspoken and opinionated no longer post because they've come to realize it's a waste of time to try to have any type of intelligent debate due to certain individuals who seem to think they own the board and dominate any attempt at serious discussion.
    Good Luck......I hope it works out! It certainly is needed - only through debate can ideas immerge and hopefully change come about.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If that simple little post in any way tested the limits of what's allowed to be said..., well, the readers can draw their own conclusions.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes ....it will be interesting won't it????

Sometimes something very simple can also be very "deep"!
    An exchange of ideas and opinions can be a very good tool to increase ones knowledge, understanding and lead to changes in both attitude and opinion.
    Let's see how well the "new" debate forum fosters this exchange.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Note to Andy a

Not to worry....

Our responsibility, as I see it, is to avoid the outright trashy, malignant and viscious sort of flames. If we are debating the DR gov't policy on loans to finance public payrolls, there should not be any need to mention skin color, sexual preferences (except by the government officials that guide the loans through the Congress?), or mother's birth rights, is there???

If we are talking about racism in the DR, well then, other vocabulary would be permitted, at least on an intellectual plane--hopefully...

I am hopeful that we can get the {img} function working on this page, since a good "smilie" can relieve tensions and sometimes make a person smile against their will...

HB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You are worrying unnecessarily, andy a. I think you are one of the very, very few that believe Pib and HB might equate "debate" with "political correctness" (whatever that means in the DR).

HB, I would think that a moderator of this thread, which Robert has indicated that he and Dolores are divorcing themselves from, would have the power to turn on the {img} function.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Works fine... These are board functionality options, not accessible by moderators.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast