The rules are simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The rules are simple: Behave!

There shouldn't be any explanation, but we are giving it anyways for those who might still have some doubts.

No personal attacks: If you believe that the other person's ideas are wrong say so, and give your reasoning for your belief, but do not attack the poster, the poster's mom, wife, daughter, country, looks or anything of the sort.

Do not hijack threads: Keep your posts relevant to the thread, else the moderator will be compelled to use the big red button. If you feel the need to address something stated in a thread and that is no relevant to the original post, just start a new thread and mention the thread where you came from.

No copyright infringement: If you want to quote someone do so, but no more than a paragraph. If you want to quote an entire online article add a link to it. Do not post large pictures or abuse the smilies. A smilie is not a proper reply to a post.

Your moderators for this forum will be Hillbilly and Pib. If you have any questions, ask your friendly moderators on THIS thread.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Rules simple and long needed.

You couldn't have chosen two better moderators.

Last edited:

harold

Mar 23, 2002
There are to many forums

I don't see the need to have added this forum. There are all ready too many forums to for one to pick . Rob should condence all these choices of forums. After a while too many choices become inconvinient. I thought Rob was going to add more pictures to the site. I think that's a better improvement than this.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I disagree. There really isn't a section now for the sort of posts expected in this one.

Each time there is any sort of a change there are people who think it will be the ruination of the board. But somehow people adjust and life goes on uninterrupted.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
sorry to say

but I'm confused with all those choices. The warm and fuzzy feel of the
original OPEN forum seems to be gone now. I'll lurk for a while and see
if the dysfunctional DR1 family can establish a new cosy corner for istself.
Hay no problema X

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
It's very simple: DR Debates is a new forum for those threads that fell out of place in the other forums. This is the only moderated forum in DR1. HB and I cannot do anything outside the realms of DR D, we will continue to be regular posters, and hopefully as people will be nice and behave in this forum we will have little work to do.

You may discuss anything here, just respect the rules. Or you can go to the other forums and participate in the "Pluck the Chicken Games".

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good choice of moderators. I still see no problem with added forums. As I said before when I log in, my name appears on the right top side of the page and right below it is where I click to get all new threads, formus, that I haven't read since the last time I was in.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
So is this the forum for all those whiney posts about corruption, politics, loan scandals etc in the DR? I think it's a good idea for it then. There are still a few posts in the "general" category that need to be moved over.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let's make everyone a moderator, I don't think so!

Being a moderator is a thank less task and DR1 is very happy to have Hillbilly and Pib offering their free time to make this into a worthwhile forum.

We have to start some place and by the number of positive emails received, we have absolutely no problem with the current setup.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I just need to know where to go????

Could Robert,or one of the "Monitors" please tell me where to go? Just send me where you think I "Belong"?....................Is there a "Place" in any of the "Open" forums that if someone asks a REALLY Stupid question,or states something reeking of such great ignorance that a response calling into question their Planet of origin,or there species,is called for,that I can respond with a less than codial comment?Or is "Name Calling" a thing of the past in all of the DR1? Inquiring Minds Want To Know! CRISCOBesides what will all the "Bad Boys" do if we can't "Fight" in public!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This whole fragmented DR1 sucks now. Real men just can't dispute or make a mockery of anyone without being reminded that we don't belong here or if this thread is being Hijacked or if personal attacks are not called for...etc etc.
Too many rules and too many choices but no where to write.
Hillbilly is a cool choice but a female vice president??? Sounds like DR politics to me.
Sorry but I can't write anything about weather, flower arrangements or weaving baskets. AZB will go into Hibernation until the dog eat dog section is in place.
Enjoy this new section but be very very nice to everyone and especially to Ken.
Have a nice day.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
There should always be a place where cavemen (myself included) can go for for a quick bar room brawl. There is no place, however, for attacks on a poster's wife and kids. I hope that not even the so-called "Bad Boys" disagree on this point.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for thinking of me, AZB.

As I recall, each time Robert has made a change you have been one of those expecting the worst.

He hasn't terminated General Stuff and Men from Mars...., in the Open Section. They were and continue to be the places for the verbal exchanges you're interested in.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Some of you need to look further than the end of your noses ;)

Let me explain just one more time....

General stuff
For all those questions without a home.
Not for the faint hearted or easily offended!

DR Debates
Lively debates on everything Dominican.
Bring in your brain, leave your weapons at the door.

Men from mars and women from venus
For all those people chasing, dating or married to a Dominican. Friendship, Love, Sex, and Marriage, it's all here!

The Clown Bin
For the jokes and pointless humor.

Is it really that complicated?

AZB, this is just a wild guess, but I would assume you are looking for the General stuff forum?

The whole reason this new forum was started was so "stuff" could be debated. No cheap shots, no personal attacks etc etc.

We at DR1 chose not to moderate it, but allow two of our better known posters steer it in the direction they feel it should go. Give it a chance and let's ALL see how it evolves.

As I have always said, this board is what YOU make it!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
lets see how the new forum develops

Lurked for a while before I decided to put my 2 cents in all the while reading everyone elses opinions and in the process my own have changed.Originally Robert,I felt like you were attempting to "fix something that wasnt broken" by adding this "clean" forum for debates.I mean...how can you debate with someone without it getting a little "lively"?However....I think Hillbilly and Pib are two class acts and having them moderate will add an interesting twist to DR1.Lets see if we can contain ourselves and act appropriately when discussing a few topics. We can save the "mudslinging"for the open forum.
AZB--That was a cheap shot you took at Pib before.I think she will make a hell of a moderator.
ILoveDR

Status
Not open for further replies.