The PRSC are a bunch of......

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Now that we know that the PLD does not have the backing of the PRSC it's more problems, more loans ( that are not needed) and a biggie size external debt. You would think that the PRSC would have thought about the interest of the country (but what was I thinking). Of course, I was thinking the impossible. They are (The PRSC Party) just a bunch of leatches that don't care if they help suck the very little blood that's left of the Dominican people as long as they are well fed. Bunch of bastards!!!

DR_DEFENDER

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm upset about this, also. I was hoping that the PLD and PRSC would join forces and defeat the PRD. But appears that some "leaders" of the PRSC are only interested in what they can get out of it now and are willing to settle for the few goodies that the PRD will throw their way. Unless the PRSC and PLD join forces, I see little hope of stopping the bloodsuckers.

BIGspike.gif

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2002
More Than One PRSC

Isn't there more than one PRSC? The party's presidential candidate, Peynado, has spoken out against the reckless financial practices of His Baldness. The hucksters in the congress, from all of the parties, are different. They operate on a much more short-term, small-time gain basis.

The real interesting thing to watch will be the campaigns of Fernandez and Peynado - and what Fernandez offers Peynado to throw his votes to the PLD after Fernandez edges him in the first round of elections.

I like the topic. Maybe this thread should be moved to the new "DR Debates" group.

Last edited:

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Could someone please post where one can see the data?

Spent and what on.
Revenue and where from.
Borrowed and for what.
Financial indicators for the year.
Prior years of same.

Without this, all we know is what we read in the media. It's hard to pass judgement. They are building a lot of highways. That is good.

The media has a spin of their own. For example, "the road builders have permission to charge tolls as they wish soas to guarantee a profit."

They should be able to charge whatever they want. If it's too much, people won't pay. There is no guarantee of profit, just a guarantee to be able to charge what the market will bear. I think the routes in place today will stay in place, so nobody has to use the highway if they don't want to. It's an option.

The people say they want programs. Subsidies, housing, traffic improvement, basic services availability, ... Are the programs in place underfunded, undermanaged, or both? Sounds like a lot of places I know.

I'd need some hard numbers before I'd declare gross mismanagement and/or theft of the funding. The presence of jeepetas isn't evidence of anything specific.