River tubing....help please

canuck girl

Aug 18, 2002
I have heard that river tubing excursions exist on theRio Jamao del Norte, Rio Yaque del Norte and Rio Isabella near Santo Domingo.
Has anyone ever been, or give me information or a contact number for this?

Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Be patient. Someone will get to this. I, too, know they exist, but I am afraid I don't have any contact numbers. When Dolores-DR1 gets home, I am sure she will help you out on this...
HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Or here: http://www.caribbeanbiketours.com/ms_cycling_tubing.htm

http://www.infohub.com/TRAVEL/SIT/sit_pages/8577.html

Plus many others that you can get by doing a google search for tubing+Dominican Republic

disney042.gif

canuck girl

Aug 18, 2002
Thanks for your replies but....

These tours are all out of Sosua on the North side...
From what I can see on the maps, even to drive from Punta Cana to Sosua, you have to loop through the Santo Domingo (south) end of the island...which is why I'd like to find out about the rivers there....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ah, as Shakespeare said:
Therein lies the rub.
You see my dear Canuk girl, there are few rivers on the South side of the island and their rapids are up in the central mountains.
NOW, if you had planned on having your vacation on the North side, well......all would be fine...

HB
BANJO.GIF

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
According to the hits I get from a Google search, rafting and tubing also available in Jarabacoa and Constanza, which are much closer to Santo Domingo than Sosua.

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Re: Thanks for your replies but....

canuck girl said:
These tours are all out of Sosua on the North side...
From what I can see on the maps, even to drive from Punta Cana to Sosua, you have to loop through the Santo Domingo (south) end of the island...which is why I'd like to find out about the rivers there....

Why don't you e-mail Caribbean bikes and ask them? They might know of something.

info@caribbeanbiketours.com <info@caribbeanbiketours.com>

:cool:

IslandRedneck

Dec 14, 2007
canuck girl, i know this is an old thread and i'm not sure if you even get a notice from replies, but was wondering if you had any success with finding river tubing excursions. i've got a couple leads in jarabacoa area but still not much to go on.
-kevin