To Azb (delta)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
NEW YORK (AP) - Delta Air Lines will join Continental and Northwest in a broad new partnership aimed at protecting revenue from a proposed rival alliance, several newspapers reported late Thursday.

The deal would expand a partnership between No. 4 carrier Northwest and No. 5 Continental by bringing Atlanta-based Delta, the nation's third-largest airline, into the mix, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and other newspapers reported on their Web sites.

Houston-based Continental and Northwest, based in Eagan, Minn., sell seats on each other's flights, offer frequent-flier mileage benefits and coordinate schedules under a broad "code-share" agreement. The term comes from the practice of putting an airline's two-letter industry code onto another's

-=-=-=-=-=-

I think this will get me from Newark NJ to POP on Continental with Delta Miles. Wahoo! That's another 100k miles I have to play with!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
wow, what a good news.
Does this mean, delta's employees can fly free in Continental to santo domingo? can we use buddy passes from delta to fly code share of CO? Delta would do a code share on all of CO flights or only on a selected few?
Please inform me on this new info?
thanks in advance.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I ain't got a clue as to the answers to your questions. You may want to email your relatives and ask.

I just know that I can accumulate and spend ff'er miles which is good for me. I also have a few companion certs myself and would like to know the answer to the question.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
DL/NW/CO

DL, NW, CO sign marketing agreement 8:30 a.m. 8/23/02
Delta has entered into a proposed marketing agreement with Continental Airlines and Northwest Airlines that will provide customers with a wider array of destinations while maintaining competition among the three carriers. The marketing agreement includes: codesharing, frequent flyer and airport lounge reciprocity, convenient schedule connections and coordination of airport facilities. The agreement also provides for discussions between the three U.S. carriers and their European carrier partners with respect to transatlantic commercial cooperation and the inclusion of CO, NW and their international partner, KLM, in SkyTeam. "At its foundation, this is an initiative oriented to the customer," said Chairman and CEO Leo Mullin. "When fully implemented, this effort will allow our customers to travel more conveniently to more destinations around the world. From ticketing to frequent flyer programs to baggage handling, their travel experience will improve."

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Dl

Agreement pending review from DOT, pilots 8:30 a.m. 8/23/02
The marketing agreement is subject to review by the U.S. Department of Transportation. In addition, it will require negotiated changes to the scope clauses of the DL and NW pilot contracts. Delta will discuss the proposed agreement with the leadership of the DL unit of the Air Line Pilots Association at a meeting of the union?s Master Executive Council next week. Additionally, the approval of the international alliance partners will be required and talks are underway to facilitate such approvals

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Delta

FYI

Agreement not a merger 8:30 a.m. 8/23/02
The agreement is not a merger. DL, CO and NW will operate independently and compete vigorously, including in the areas of pricing, scheduling, capacity decisions and revenue management. "Enormous financial pressures threaten this industry," Mullin said. "In recent weeks, some carriers have announced major restructuring, employee cutbacks, even bankruptcy. This proposed agreement represents an important part of our plan to strengthen our competitive position in today?s extraordinarily difficult operating environment." The three carriers will work with the DOT in an effort to have the review completed by Nov. 1 and other approvals and negotiations completed by Dec. 5. If approvals are received in this timely manner, the airlines could begin implementing the agreements as soon as Spring 2003. For more, see Mullin's

Maiko

Aug 30, 2002
Just a bit of insight from past experience, I don't believe that the code share agreements would allow cross over for non rev's. If the carrier has any interline agreement with the other, that will stand. So I would have to say No. It only allows sharing the route structure.
Sorry, but I wish it would work that way. Me I wish UAL would show some of their colours in the Carribean, which would be good for me.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Maiko

Delta Air Lines does allow its nonrev's (employees) to travel onboard 6 of its 11 codeshare flights. Some (not all) of these also include buddy passes.

Ccarabella

Maiko

Aug 30, 2002
ccarabella,
Wow, thats pretty awesome. Sorry I did not realize that they were so far ahead of all the other carriers. Unfortunately UAL is not that generous, even less so for their express carriers. Thanks for the correction. Maybe I should work for Delta :)

Maiko

Aug 30, 2002
Sam
Not exactly, but close. I work for United Express in Appleton Wisconsin.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
ual

of COURSES....WE ALWAYS IN CONTACT....

And we hope UAL will survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UAL 2 years ago was looking also to Operate flights from Chicago (ORD) to SDQ.

sam

Maiko

Aug 30, 2002
I wish they would. I have not been to any other part of the island other than Punta Cana. I have read alot about other parts of the island on these message boards and would be thrilled to make my way there as well. But who knows, that was two years ago. But with everything else going on with the airlines, anything could happen. I to would hope UAL survives. Thats my bread and butter.
Mike

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
DL expands Caribbean, Latin American service 9:46 a.m. 9/12/02
DL will introduce new and expanded service for customers traveling to the Caribbean and Latin America, including flights to the three new destinations of Liberia in the Guanacaste Region of Costa Rica; Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands; and St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles. The new flights, all beginning Dec. 1, feature new or expanded service between the following destinations: from Atlanta to the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica, with service to the Liberia airport; Aruba; Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands; St. Maarten; from Cincinnati to Nassau; and from New York-Kennedy to Aruba.