prescription meds and customs

toykoon

Aug 21, 2002
I am leaving for Punta Cana on Aug 24th-Aug 31st. I am currently taking 3 (20mg), and 3 (40mg) of Oxycontin a day. I have the 20 mg and 40 mg Oxycontin in there own plastic prescription bottle. I take 60 mg's 3 times a day. Nothing is altered or changed and the bottle has all the information on it.

The question is: Will Customs give me any problems or trouble with this narcotic? I ask because Oxycontin has received a lot of publicity.

I called and left a message for my doctor to fax a letter at my work stating the reasons and legiticy of why I am taking this narcotic. But they did not fax anything. I called again this morning (I work nightshift), and left another message for them to fax it.

If I dont have this letter from my doctor, will I be ok. I know its a broad question to ask, but I have never been thru Customs before. I have severe low back pain, which is caused by several things....but everything is legit.

Thanks to all who can help me out. Scott

I take along a variety of prescription medicines, as long as they are labeled and in original containers, you should not have any problem. In fact depending on when they are to be taken, I pack most of mine in my luggage and use the labeled empty containers from previous scripts for those that I must take during the day and keep them in my carry on.
I have never had a problem.

toykoon

Aug 21, 2002
medications

Thanks for the reply. I plan on taking these meds with me on my carry on luggage. Not just because I take them 3 times a day, but I also do not want anybody to steal them. Oxycontin is such a highly valued drug, but unfortunately, I need them to control my pain. Thanks again as you have been really helpful.........Scott

mhd15

Sep 4, 2007
Oxycontin

If I come to the DR for vacation for a month is it easy to get Oxycontin there and what r the costs?? Doctor visit (if needed?) cost for OC 80's at pharmacy?

NYCJourdano

Aug 24, 2007
Prescriptions?

I am currently in France on vacation and will be coming to the D.R. for a week on monday for my final leg before I return back to NYC. I stupidly didn't get enough pain killers (vicodin/percocet) for a lower back/thigh ailment i suffer from. Unfortunately, all the sight seeing has made it worse and I am sure to be done with them by the time I arrive in Sosua. Is there a way I can get them at a pharmacia (they are a controlled substance/habit forming)?