bunny's back from DR

bunny

Aug 7, 2002
hey guys,
i'm back from my trip. the first day i got there it started to thunderstorm but that was alright. mommc, i stayed at the flor di loto for the 4 nights i was there...$20/night...and got picked up from the la romana airport...cost me 1/2 the price, and as an added bonus, the guy was cute too...anyways, all in all, i had a great trip...hung out at the coral and fell asleep in the sun.
thanks guys for all the good advice!!!!

chao
bunny

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
;) I'm glad to hear you had a nice vacation. Isn't this board great for getting good information? Was Jaun Dolio busy while you were there?

bunny

Aug 7, 2002
super busy

dulce,
it was super busy there...so that's what the hotels were saying...i love it down there, anyone you know working there? i'd like to do that for awhile.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
more detail please!

Bunny,

I'd be interested in hearing more about flor di loto, I might be looking to stay a couple of nights in Juan Dolio with some friends in about a week. Was it $20/night per person or per room? I assume it was not a AI? Details woman!

Thanks,
kj

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Flor di Loto is not an AI......

It is run by an offbeat Italian lady who has a definite Indian flair (she's a certified Yogi!) but she has a heart of gold and has spred a lot of compassion in the DR.
The $20 per night would be American $$ per person.
Glad you liked it Bunny!!
So did you take a taxi from La Romana or did you go by guagua???

Last edited:

bunny

Aug 7, 2002
i got picked up by the cute dominican who works for mara at the flor di loto...can't remember his name...anyways, you pay half the price of a taxi and you get to listen to good music on the way to the hotel. the hotel itself is alright but definitely not for the prissy...it's very plain, 2 beds and a bathroom. i only had 1 warm shower out of the 4 nights there...but that's alright, it woke me up. $20 a night US...i did get some bug bites though and i don't think it's mosquitoes, i'm thinking bed bugs...but that's alright...they do heal. but all in all, mara is a fabulous lady, makes you feel really welcomed and everyone is nice there.
for $20 a night, saves you tons of money.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I would definitely say mosquitos!

The main area is in shade most of the day and mosquitos tend to congregate there. I know Mara fumigates regularly however the mosquitos just keep coming back. There is also a lot of sand fleas on the beach in front if you spend any time there. The public beach up the street is better - different kind of sand so no sand fleas.
Speaking of fleas that could be it as I know Mara has cats and dogs..........???? I'll mention it to her just in case!

bunny

Aug 7, 2002
I didn't mean to!!!! flor di loto wasn't dirty, don't get me wrong...it must've been the mosquitoes...it's just i didn't see any in my room. i get bitten all the time anyways, by mosquitoes and water bugs...i was going to mention it to mara too, but i just never got around to it. IT"S NOT A BAD PLACE TO STAY!!!!! It's definitely different than a resort, don't cross it off your list because of me, because then that'll be wrong...try it out for yourself...
Now I feel bad...my experience was not a bad one!!!

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
DOn't worry bed bugs won't scare me off... even la creme de la creme have weird creatures running around at times...I might check it out once I'm in Sto Dom on tuesday.

Thanks for the info, do you have a number for mara?

Gracias

kj

bunny

Aug 7, 2002
mara's number is 809-526-1146...have a great time!!!!!!
get her to send the guy to pick you up from the airport...it's $45 US compared to $80 if you take the taxi!!!!

tell him that the chinese girl from last week says hi!!!!