"Tetris" & "Pac-Man"on DR1-????????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I find it somewhat "telling" that the most "Popular Post?" of the last 30 days in this Forum(I use the term laughingly now!) is not a "POST" at all!! The most "Popular", post is a site where bored individuals with way to much time on their hands can play the game of "Tetris"!How this game in any way shape or form has anything evenly remotely conecting it to the Dominican Republic I'll never know! It is very popular,and I suggest that DR1 now become a site where people looking for information about the DR can instead go to play Video Games!|Pac Man" would no doubt add to DR1's boast about being the most visited "DR related?" Site!A "Site" for everyone,and everyone in their "Site"!May have sounded like a good idea,but it is more like a "Death Knell" for DR1! :The Cure,is worse than the "Disease!" The number of posters "attacking" each other has dropped dramatically! Right along with the number of posts!The yet again,"NEW" format has sucked the life out of DR1!It kind of reminds me of the "No-Smoking"policies put in place in virtually every public place in the United States.I agree you shouldn't be allowed to "smoke" on an Airplane,but most of the other "Ordinances" are just "Political Correctness" gone amuck."Do Gooders" who never ever go to a Bar,are fighting like hell to be sure that those who do,can't light up!(Sound Familiar Ken?)You can go into a Bar,get totally drunk,drive your car, kill a family of four, and you get probation! Yet you can't have a ciga!rette in that same Bar!I hope that DR1 can survive this new,"Politically Correct" mind set! It used to be a nice place to "Hang Out"!(This is an OP-ED post,and does not need or require a response from anyone who wishes to offer their opinion or contradiction!) No "SPIN" please! CRISCO

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Pac-Man isn't here yet, but I'm working on it.
Waiting on a full arcade hack with a lots of games ;)

Actually, the post count has stayed pretty consistent, along with the amount of people that visit DR1.

New format??? Did we change the colors and layout and no one told me? Looks the same to me.

DR1 evolves, ebbs and flows, it's like any community, at the end of the day it's what you make it. You only get out, what you put in...

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Criss.
You sound almost surprised by these current developments! I perdicted this a long time ago.
DR1 is just a microcosim of the world we live in. The people with lives that are empty and without meaning far out number those of us who think and act for ourselves. These people need some form of validation so they become ultra-judgemental and revel in telling others how to think and act. They particularly dispise those who are enjoying life. "How dare they drink, smoke and have sex with multiple partners?" This gives them that "warm & fuzzy" feeling that they crave.
You don't have to be Carl Jung to analyze the most outspoken of the Politically Correct posters on DR1. Hell! A Psych-101 student can figure them out!

Tony C.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I see that lately most of the posts are about the Dominican Repulic. Gee Wiss who would ever have thought. (sarcasm)
It's been a nice change!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Anna,do you mean....?

"Pac-Hombre"and "El Tetris"? The 2 most popular Dominican Related Sites on the "New" DR1?..............Robert,you are making me "Dizzy",stop "Spinning" me!!!!.......A "good" example of the "OLD" way on DR1,is the "relationship" betweem "Tony C' and me.At first we fought like "cats & dogs"! (Check out the first "encounters" between us) Gradually I found out what Tony is all about,and he "knows" something about my philosophy,history, and "Life-Style".I like the Guy! He is the "Genuine Article".So is "AZB"(Love him or HATE him),and"golo","jazzcom",Mondongo,"Missing DR"and ESPECIALLY "X-Man"! I know where they are coming from.Not because we played "Mister Nice Guy",but because we fought-it-out until we got to know each other!You don't see much of us anymore,and it looks like that is what many wanted!All I know is that I can see 2 or 3 days go by on "DR Debates" as well as,Mars & Venus,and even here on OPEN with no new threads being started!That was not the case prior to this year,and more-so since "DR Debates",Boxing Gloves Required","Bare Knuckles" outlawed!, do to "KEN" and the "LLF" League of Female Followers!I remember when everyone thought that huge shoping malls were "Progress" too!CRISCO

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We cater to the majority, it's that simple. But, we also try and keep the minorities happy, this is why we have the open forum.

Instead of complaining, do something about it, why don't you start some threads?

As I have said, it's what YOU make it.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hey Chrissy,

Soo happy you didn't include my name on that 'ship of fools' passenger list. X

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I think CCCccccrisco has already made a good contribution to the board by starting this post.

It's a controversial/ yet interesting debate, and yes, it's in the "General stuff" section so that means we can all get down and dirty on this post.. so, who's gonna be the first one?

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
You left x_man out

Hey Crisco,

Please don't take X_man's comments to heart. He is upset and crying because you forgot to put his name on the Elite list.

Please go back and edit that post to include X_man's name.

See X_man I look after you. First the pills and now the post!!!

Apr 26, 2002
Psyche 101

Crisco,

I think that Tony C wrote that you need to see a shrink. I wouldn't take that from him sitting down!!!

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Church

I woke up at 3:00AM this morning after a terrible nightmare. The nightmare was that starting next Sunday DR1 would have an online Mass.

I hope this nightmare does not come true because it seems that we sure as hell are headed that way.

Signed.

The Politically Incorrect - Missing_dr

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Church

missing_dr said:
I woke up at 3:00AM this morning after a terrible nightmare. The nightmare was that starting next Sunday DR1 would have an online Mass.
Signed.

The Politically Incorrect - Missing_dr

Don't worry Missing, that won't happen here. Don't you remember the Pic that was deleted a few days ago because some thought it was inappropiate? Can you just imagine the reaction if a Catholic priest should up on DR1?

Tony C.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Gee CrisssssssssCCCCCCCC

While I mainly try not to be "politically incorrect" I thought I gave as good as I got. At least I always came back slugging!!!!

"My dos Centavos from the League of Female Followers"!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Yo Crisco.... I demand a retraction or to actually fight it out. We never did. We have never gone head to head on anything. Just disagreed.

X.... Ship of fools indeed, you need to have a head to go head to head with Crisco and get on his list LOL

Robert.... I can't find the tetris. I need to kick Mondongo off the list I understand he made it onto.