bank/finance job opportunity for foreigner in DR

sgaute

Aug 31, 2002
Hi,

I am planning to move over to DR beginning of next year and i would like to know if there is (and what kind) job opportunities in the banking/finance sector for a foreigner speaking fluent english and with an accounting background.

Thanks a lot ,

Stephane Gaute.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
In the absence of real information I'll scrap from stuff from under my toenails and say that I believe that accounting is one of those profession that in the DR requires an exequatur (license). And speaking Spanish is a must, I would say.

The only chance I see is that you get a job in a international corporation and get transfered here, but with no Spanish, your chances are dim.

Gee, that doesn't sound very optimistical. Maybe someone else will say something better.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
First PIB, and then Sgaute

Scrape...is better than scrap which is "leftovers", as in Scrap heap.

You have bushized the word "optimistical" , if it was on purpose, congratulations. If not, now you know. Optimistic would be preferred by the Grammar Police....

SGAUTE: Your best bet would be to find those companies in your native land that have business in the Dominican Republic and see if you can hire on with them while your are home. Local hires get much lower pay.

Example: A local go-for makes maybe 6,000 pesos a month, up to 10,000 if she is really good looking. We have a case here where the person was hired, in the States, by a US Corporation, as an Administrative Assistant for US$30,000 +, per annum, or nearly 50,000 pesos a month. See the difference? Same job, essentially...5 times more pay.

And, as the PIB said, CPAs are required to be licensed by the State. BIG HEADACHE if you are from out-of-country.

HB :)