Merengue Festival Puerto Plata? What date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Checked with Tourismo this morning & the DATES HAVE BEEN CHANGED (don't they always in this country??).

The Merengue Festival is now 7th - 10th NOVEMBER!!
SEGURO ( unless someone decides to change them again beforehand!!). - Grahame

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Due to contradictory information having been received, I checked again with Tourismo at Long Beach, Puerto Plata by personal visit. YES, the dates HAVE been changed so as not to clash with the Jazz Festival. THe dates are as above 7th - 10th November!!
- Grahame.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hey...this is ruining my plans...I wanted to be there (POP) from Oct. 10-20...for the Festival...

Do you mean to tell me now I have to wait 'till November?

NOOOOOO!!!! I don't think I can wait that long!!!

Please, re-confirm those dates...I need to change my reservations accordingly....

Thanks!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
JAZZ - 'OLD man'? ..... ME? You know full well I am 15 years younger than YOU!! Keep that up & you will get those little green sauces added to your next meal when you are not looking!!!!

Jazz festival is slated as being 3rd - 5th (inclusive) October moving across Puerto Plata, Sosua & Cabarete. For more info of locations etc., see DR1 callender of events under October, November, December heading 3/4 of way down page!

The Merengue Featival IS 7th - 10th NOVEMBER according to THREE checks at Tourismo!! I suspect it will be a quiet Family Affair this year as everyone still believes it will be in October so no-one will be travelling to it in November!! Sorry if that spoils your plans Musicqueen, but you know the authorities here, change anything just to screw up the maximum number of people. Rob was going to check his sources, but I have seen nothing listed yet. How about it Rob? - Grahame.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ok...Grahame...Thank you for all your help...I will try to change my plans now...if not, I WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO RETURN AGAIN IN NOVEMBER!!!..

But then again, there are worst things in life, right?;)

Robert...I'm still waiting for info on Groove Fest...Thanks!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I received a PM from Rob yesterday who is amending the "Events" page accordingly. The Merengue Festival has been CHANGED YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diablo I hear you all cry (plus a lot of other words not allowed on DR1!!

The dates for the Merengue festival are now ............................

21st - 24th November.

I checked with Tourismo in Puerto Plata yet again today & they confirmed they had changed the dates yet again to the above!! If you come, you might be the only one there as most will have been in October or early November!! - Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.