supplemental life insurance when flying on commercial airliners?

love da DR

Aug 1, 2002
I was wondering with all the hysteria surrounding air travel has anyone recently purchased any of the supplemental life insurance that was once available at the airport? I know that the last time I was in Reagan National I did not see the insurance stands at all.

If someone has recently purchased this insurance can you provide us with a brief description of it. I know that airlines themselves cover a certain amount of liability but I do not know if this covers acts of terror or just pilot error and mechanical failures etc.etc.

thanks, Isaac

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Do you buy insurance when you walk outside in the rain?

Each time, in case of lightning hitting you? Or every time you go on the road in a car?

The odds of that are less than dying in a plane crash especially in North America , Western Europe, Australia.

Flight insurance is the biggest waste of insurance money there is.

Even with most "Gold" etc., credit cards you get $100K, $250K of it thrown in on each flight since the card issuer knows there is not a snowball's chance in hell of worrying about paying off.

qisqeyana@aol.c

Apr 19, 2002
A ONE-MILLION POLICY FOR ACIDENTAL DEATH , FOR THE PRIMARY AND ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND FOR THE SPOUSE, COST ABOUT TEN DOLLARS A MONTH FROM MY CHASE MASTER CARD. YOU BE BETTER OFF KEEPING THIS TYPE OF POLICY, IT COVERS ALL ACIDENTS.