Merengue Festival -puerto Plata

drchica

Aug 27, 2002
CAN ANYONE ADVISE WHAT THE DATES ARE FOR THE MERENGUE FESTIVAL IN PUERTO PLATA NOVEMBER 2002?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
See two posts on this Exact Question in Travel - General. Dates are November 7th - 10th (or were last time I checked on Wednesday!!). - Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Robert,
I checked with the Tourismo office here in Puerto Plata on Wednesday & they definately said 7th - 10th NOVEMBER NOT end October as shown in DR events!! As I have some friends coming down from New Jersey for the festival, could you please double check with your contacts & confirm dates? I will do the same here in PoP!! I'll let you know my findings ASAP. - Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I received a PM from Rob yesterday who is amending the "Events" page accordingly. The Merengue Festival has been CHANGED YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diablo I hear you all cry (plus a lot of other words not allowed on DR1!!

The dates for the Merengue festival are now ............................

21st - 24th November.

I checked with Tourismo in Puerto Plata yet again today & they confirmed they had changed the dates yet again to the above!! If you come, you might be the only one there as most will have been in October or early November!! - Grahame.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
That's right...they have screwed up my plans once again!!!
Oops! Is this the way it's gonna be when I move to DR???
I also checked with Tourism Ministry directly from here, and they said Nov. 21-24...
I CAN'T GO ON THOSE DATES!!! IT'S THANKSGIVING, AND I ALREADY HAD PLANS I CAN'T CHANGE!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Hola, mi amor!!
You're back!!!
Where have you been, and what have you been doing?
Please let us know...
Take care...

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Holy Sh*T DRMarien!!!, where did you come from??? Just when I was starting to get comfortable on here, oh well... Welcome back!

Now that the festival is in Nov, I might just be able to make it.