Pan Am Halts Operations at Newark, Miami, Puerta Plata

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
I can no longer defend Pan Am's actions as I believe they have gone off the deep end. I never worked for Pan Am I only hoped that they would make it!!!! However as of Thursday 10% of Pan Am's work force was let go with only their last pay check that is a very mean thing to do to your employees!!! Secondly flights from Miami have come to grinding halt as have flights from Naples/FLA, St Petersburg/Tampa, Newark. Baltimore flights to Orlando have also come to a Halt Pan Am is Parking some of their aircraft??????? Portsmouth -- Bangor -- Baltimore is operating as is San Juan-- Orlando what a shame. I sure hope PWA works out for those living in the Dominican Republic but don't hold your breath. I have sent a personal message to those in charge recommending that David Banmiller be put in charge of daily operations. Sincerly Mark

Apr 26, 2002
mark porter said:
I can no longer defend Pan Am's actions as I believe they have gone off the deep end. I never worked for Pan Am I only hoped that they would make it!!!! However as of Thursday 10% of Pan Am's work force was let go with only their last pay check that is a very mean thing to do to your employees!!! Secondly flights from Miami have come to grinding halt as have flights from Naples/FLA, St Petersburg/Tampa, Newark. Baltimore flights to Orlando have also come to a Halt Pan Am is Parking some of their aircraft??????? Portsmouth -- Bangor -- Baltimore is operating as is San Juan-- Orlando what a shame. I sure hope PWA works out for those living in the Dominican Republic but don't hold your breath. I have sent a personal message to those in charge recommending that David Banmiller be put in charge of daily operations. Sincerly Mark

A search shows that ALL of Mark (I don't work for Pan Am) Porter's threads (over ten of them) have been about Pan Am and nothing else. Very interesting. Still, I find Mark's posting above from last fall humorous. How soon we forget, huh Mark.

Mark, if Pan Am does come back for a few months (it certainly wouldn't be any longer than a few months), will you and or your wife/brother/cousin/uncle or whoever get their job back?

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
MODERN DAY AVIATION SURVIVAL!!!!

Porfino Thank you for your reply!!! Sure I am worried about the airline industry in general and about Pan Am's erratic behavior since they have been in operations. While I disagree with many of Pan Am's corporate decisions such as leaving Gary/Chicago as well as Worcester/MA, I would prefer to see an airline make fast decisions on routes that are no longer profitable than to see them continue to fly these routes until they too end up in BANKRUPTSY like UNITED AND US AIR have done or go out of business like MIDWEST AIRLINES, SABENA AIRLINES, EASTERN AIRLINES, BRANIFF AIRLINES, PAN AMERICAN WORLD AIRWAYS just to name a few!!!!!!!!! Aviation like any industry is about survival and unfortunately is no longer about the ROMANCE of aviation or the exotic ports of call. Just like in baseball if your pitcher is not performing well you don't just stick with him and lose the game do you? No you call in relief pitching and save the Game! The same goes for todays aviation if you are flying a money loosing route you MUST reroute you aircraft till you have found a lucrative route! PORFINO I want you to know that I always enjoy reading your notes on aviation and the professional manner that you hold yourself to!! Mark:cool:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Remember ME Mark??????

While you were extolling the "Virtues" of Pan Am all during 2002,some of us were telling everyone to "Watch Out" for them!! You told us of their exceptional ideas,about using old planes to save money! "BULLSHIT"!How many poor Dominicans will be left without tickets,or money THIS TIME? You should be ashamed for all your "PRO-Pan AM" propaganda!!! You didn't,and don't know what you are talking about!!! Your "Pathetic" disclaimer reminds me of the German Soldiers after WWII,"I was just FOLLOWING ORDERS!" "PATHETIC"!!!!!!!CRIS COLON

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
To The Constant Critic

What do they say about sticks and stones Cris. You may not agree as to how a carrier is being run, goodness knows I have disagreed with many coporate desisions that many Carriers including Pan Am have made. However I can't ever remember you having ONE nice thing to say to anyone that has written on Aviation on this site!!!!!!!!!!! I 'm sorry that you are such a unhappy person all I can hope is that your life gets better SOOOOOOOON for your sake and ours too. Sincerely MARK

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
All the poor dominicans who took your advice to fly Pan-Am

must feel much better after reading your "Disclaimer"! You have no shame! Why not admit it ,you really screwed up,not me!!!! CRIS

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Pan Am I, II, III, IV???

PAN AM is DEAD...Can we move to another topic?