having problems receiving telephone calls.

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
Ever since we had our area code changed from 716 to 585 we can no longer receive calls from DR. They have tried a calling card and calling staight through and no luck, they try to call with the old 716 number and get a recording saying something like "your call cannot go through please hang up and dial 585 blah blah blah."
Mabey someone out their can help me so my telephone bill does not go through the roof!

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
If you are calling from a cell phone, try the call from something other than a cellular. Codetel still hasn't registered my area code in Michigan so I can't call it from a cell phone. I

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Your Dominican friends could try using Tricom (assuming they are now using Codetel) or using a cellular plan from a company other than Codetel.

jessica__78

Apr 3, 2002
My sister in law has tried everything pay phones, her home phone and still nothing works.

I wonder if their is any one else who lives with in the area code, and if so are they having the same problem?

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
As a final try, pick up a USA based calling card. Call their 800 number via the 800 international line (880 + last 7 digits, wait for instructions, which will be to then dial the complete 800/877/888 number). From there you can connect your call to anywhere in the USA. Expensive but a test.

Once you verify their phone is working, you can purchase a calling card that works from the DR at www.BocaChicaBeach.net/staying_in_touch.html and use that to call the number in the USA.