Electricity police?! What will they think of next?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Today all the newspapers have in the front page the news that His Dumbness Hipo I has created a new "Electricity Police" to help distributors collect from users. And who would be the head of this new "Police"? Yeah, you guessed it... Candelier himself.

At a moment when people (from all economical status) are VERY pi**ed at the government for what is going on this doesn't seem like the greatest idea. The joke of the day is, of course, that people that don't pay will die in shotouts with the new police.
What do you think?

dots.gif

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Hey when the guy is capable of being the only country in the world to impose and export tax - specially when exports are the need of the hour - ........anything is possible of this asshole.........

next...tax to use your own bathroom!!! and a cop with a gun at your front door every morning.

The electricity police will make rounds of the barrio yes....but they will find spare time and start making rounds in areas which pay and start harresing people who are maybe one or two days late also.

I just want to see one of the Policia de Luz toasted on a electric pole trying to disconnect some poor fella's luz.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Police? How about a "lost and found" department? I haven't seen two consecutive hours of electricity in weeks.

It's year 2002 and there's no stable electricity. Is this country trying to develop or not? I find this absurd. Such a basic and fundamental thing as electricity is as scarce as a snowflake here.

How am I going to see all these shiny new tollbooths at night if there's no lights? How are they keeping all the beer cold?

I want kilowatts and answers!

Apr 26, 2002
Trivial

You all dwell on the trivial. Who needs electricity? Next thing you'll want to talk about other meaningless stuff, like Peso devaluation or national debt. Last week, a friend got me some really neat corrogated zink roofing sheets from my local PRD bagman - FOR FREE! Is this Government great or what?!?!

If Candelier accepts the job, his public career will be over. Surely, His Baldness wouldn't view Candelier as a threat or want to diminish his political future.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I say, make the damn poor pay for electricity. If everyone has to pay for phone service then everyone should pay for electric too. Almost every poor person i see has a cell phone and money to blow on booze. They are never short on spending money on booze and cell calling cards but when it comes to paying their electric bill, they become dirt poor. Let the bastards pay by force.
I am sick and tired of long black outs, especially after my bimbo girlfriend (ex GF now) burnt my inverter 2 days ago by connecting a powerful water heater to it.
If you guys want to save your inverters, keep them away from women. Women are the worst enemies of power inverters.
We have 12 plus hours of black out everyday. Now the new trend is to shut off power at night and let it on in the morning. In my office area, the lights go off in the morning and come back in the late afternoon or early evening. Thus, i never get to see lights.
Watch out, AZB is going to join the huelga (riots) this weekend. Stay away from the jodenorte main office area as I will be the masked man with rocks in one hand and gasoline bottles in the other. In order to help me in my efforts would you all please donate your used tires so i can burn them in the middle of Juan pablo Duarte avenue? Oh, if anyone have any fire arms, please bring them along. This will be the worst nightmare of this electric company. The result will be either "24hrs" or light or a 24 hours of total shutdown. Either way its ok with me.
I had enough.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
i HOPE WHEN YOU ALL DO GET LUZ YOU REMEMBER TO CLAP AND CHEER.CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS BEHAVIOR TO ME AS IVE ONLY BEEN IN THE COUNTRY SINCE 86 AND I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THESE PEOPLE CHEER INSTEAD OF BEATING THE TAR OUT OF THOSE RESPONSIBLE

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Question

Will the electricity police have the power to arrest government officials and electricity producers/distributors when population has paid for power they do not receive? Dream on PJT!!!

PIB, another joke about the electricity police being passed around is when the people refuse to pay, what are the police going to do, arrest them? There won't be enough jail space in the country to hold them all. Regards, PJT

Cira

Sep 24, 2002
The reason we cheer is because we are happy people with or without luz. We cheer because we celebrate almost everytyhing. We cheer because besides being a tradition, it is a way of forgetting waht we are going through. We cheer because when you see the light at the end of the tunnel you get hope, not only the hope of living, but also the hope that some day things will be better.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Cira....

Wow, that was a great response!! Way to put the cheering in perspective there, good stuff!!!