What are the dates for Easter ?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Could someone please give me the dates for Samana Santa (Easter)Holiday in the Dominican Republic? What I am looking for is the dates that workers there usually have off for the long holiday.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What type of employees are you thinking about. If they work in a business that is only open Monday-Friday, then they will be off on Good Friday, plus their usual weekend. If they are employees of a hotel and have a 6 day work schedule, if Friday is their regular work day they will work, but for double pay. Same for Easter Sunday.

If they are executives who make their own hours, then many will probably start heading for the hotels on Thursday.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Easter

This is what I found on DR1 for Easter:
Easter Week holiday (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday). but no dates listed.
Could the regular posters please save your insulting comments for another section of the board? I am looking for a serious answer to a simple question.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
On my calendar Easter of 2003 falls on April 20th. Good Friday is April 18th.
I know Tony can be a smart ass but Easter does fall the same all over the world. :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Surely you can find this at any Stationary Store?

I am truly sorry, but I don't have a 2003 calender as yet.
However, you can figure it out by the following formula
Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Solstice...That is why it is a movible feast.

HB

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Easter

OK I will get into this friggen pissing contest! I know Easter is the same everywhere. CONO!!!!!!!!!
Must I explain myself????? I do not have a 2003 calendar and I am too lazy to go find one. OK??? (Crisco, I hope you don't if mind I copy your style)the ????? and !!!!!!!
Easter was in March last year when it is typically in April so.................. excuuuuuuuuuse me for my ignorance.

In the USA we only have Good Friday and Easter Sunday off but in the DR they typically have 5 days off. All I want to know is WHAT are the dates thay will have off this year??????????????
The reason I would like to know is because the Resorts are overbooked on these dates and I would like to avoid them.
NOW............ can someone living in the country PLEASE tell me the dates???????????!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't know the dates please ignore the question!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK OK OK the real reason I need to know is because all of my favorite sankies will be too busy with the Dominican women at the resorts that week.

I will go and take my prozac now!!!!!!!!
Pip... maybe you can move this thread to the debates section or the Sankie section so I can get a freekin answer.:confused:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]Anna Coniglio[/B] said:
On my calendar Easter of 2003 falls on April 20th. Good Friday is April 18th.
I know Tony can be a smart ass but Easter does fall the same all over the world. :)
Therefore Easter Thursday will be 17th, Easter Wednesday will be the 16th, Easter Tuesday will be the 15th, and so and so forth.

So, people will head for the beach around the 16th and be back on the 20th...

Pib
Official DR1 Rocket Scientist

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok now pay attention. I will say it one more time. Easter comes fricking different dates every year. "2003" if that is what your asking, will be on Sunday 20th of April. Therefore Semana Santa will be the week of APRIL 16 to 20th. GOT IT!!! If you don't have next year's calendar what makes you think everyone else should?

Re: Easter

dulce said:
OK I will get into this friggen pissing contest! I know Easter is the same everywhere. CONO!!!!!!!!!
Must I explain myself????? I do not have a 2003 calendar and I am too lazy to go find one. :
You have a computer produce a calendar, with any of the many word processing programs, Corel, Word, Star Office, Lotus, Excel.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Easter

dulce said:

Could the regular posters please save your insulting comments for another section of the board? I am looking for a serious answer to a simple question.

Insulting? You found my answer insulting? Perhaps you should refrain from asking inane questions! JEEZ! How old are you anyway? Only a child under 8 would not know when Easter Falls!

Tony C.