married

svizec99

Sep 18, 2002
what document do i need if me and my girlfrend wona
married in DK? We are from Slovenija (europe -non EU state)
if that helps.:confused:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
DK? This is not the Danish forum. Hmm, I wonder if there is a DK1 website.

What MommC said. Or search the archives, there's a wealth on information on this subject there.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
marriage in the DR

In general the following documents are required (established by a resolution of the Junta Central Electoral) for foreigners to celebrate a marriage in the Dominican Republic:
1. Passport
2. International birth certificate
3. Proof of single state

How strictly these rules are applied depends upon the officer of the Dominican Government (Oficial del Estado Civil) who carries out the ceremony .
Some may ask that the birth certificate is legalized by the Dominican Consulate of the country in which the foreigner was born. The officer also decides in which form the foreigner has to proof his single state. If the officer allows to proof the single state according to Dominican law, one just has to sign an affidavit in front of a Dominican notary, declaring his or her single state. If however the officer requires that the proof is presented according to the law of the foreign country , one has to obtain that proof in the foreign country and have it legalized by the Dominican Consulate.
If the foreigner is a resident of the Dominican Republic, the officer usually accepts the affidavit legalized by a Dominican notary. If the foreigner is not a resident of the Dominican Republic, the officer usually asks for the proof from the foreign country, legalized by the Dominican Consulate.

Julio & Chris