RD$600 million to strengthen justice

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I would like to know what the rest of you think about todays news item.
Do you think these funds will actually help reform what seems to be a hopelessly corrupt, tangled bureaucracy?

While it's nice to see that the energy problems seem to be straightening out with the recent gov't payments and promises of future payments by it's various depts for energy consumed and aid to low income barrio's I really have my doubts as to how much the system can be reformed simply by the injection of funds by the European Union.
What are your thoughts on this????

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I can't believe there have been no replies to this post!!
This is such an important area where much change is needed.
Has no one else given consideration to it????

Apr 26, 2002
His Baldness

MommC,

The problem, I think, is that nobody can take any government programs seriously - especially with His Baldness at the helm. He can't even successfully get platanos into the schools. The money will simply be absconded.

A prison riot today resulted in 25 deaths. Expect more of the same.

The country must simply TRY to survive for the next two years. Then pray that His Baldness and his cronies take a hike.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
MommC....the primary objective of Dictator Mejia and his thugs is to amass as much money as possible...the secondary objective is then to keep that money...which means that he will share some of the loot with the Military and foreign nations and banks that help him launder the money.

Whenever you hear of a new loan/grant to "help the children" or "help the poor"...cover your pockets and hide your wallet..

the energy problem is not solved...the repercusions of his recent are just getting ready to unfold..

This man is BAD. The DR govts HAVE TO stop making back door deals with these foreign companies....they have to STOP guaranteeing them revenues and profits...what kind of a MORON strikes a deal and guarantees his adversary revenue and profit?..maybe a moron that gets a chunk of the money when the deals are struck...I am beside myself.....get me a punching bag....hurry!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well we knew before he was elected that he was just after the money!!

But you couldn't convince people from most of the areas around us of that......What we didn't realize was how many of them received "jobs" , some pretty lucrative ones at that, in the new administration.
Now tell me what a fisherman from Guayacanes knows about tourism for the entire south coast (promotion,marketing, development strategies etc.) and I'll tell you how much a month he is now getting paid for being in charge!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, we have a Librarian (nothing against librarians) as the Secretary of Industry and Commerce.
Why not a fisherman in charge of South Coast Tourism??

But I agree with your general take on the Original Post...

HB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Do you think "modernization" ,computerization and streamlining of the judicial system will improve the system itself?
Will it mean speedier resolution of courts actions and lighten the overloaded jails?