USA 3000 to the DR

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
Has anyone been on a USA 3000 charter to the DR? I'd be curious to get some feedback on their service, etc. My fiancee and I are, I think, going to take them from EWR to PUJ.

Also, looks like they've updated and revamped their website entirely. www.usa3000airlines.com

Thanks,
Brian

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Nice

They have a nice website. They are also looking to expand more in the Dominican Republic, whic is always good news. I think they are planning to enter in new markets for them, but not new for other carriers.

GRS

Maiko

Aug 30, 2002
Hello Brian,
My wife and I flew out of Chicago to Punta Cana on USA3000. They were very cordial. The service was good. I would say a little better than on a major carrier. No complaints from us. The flights were on time. We plan on flying on them again.
One exception was that they charged for use of a headset. I had a problem with this. But this is minor. :)
Mike

Last edited:

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Going to have a problem with AA too

AA Drops Inflight Fee But Charges For Headsets
Aviation Daily 09/25/2002

American, trying to differentiate itself from rivals while cutting costs, this fall plans to offer complimentary inflight entertainment for customers on all audio- or video-equipped flights systemwide.

The service is only free, however, to passengers if they bring their own audio headsets onboard the flight. AA will charge passengers $2 if they want to buy a reusable headset from the airline. Starting Nov. 1, AA's $5 entertainment charge will be eliminated on all flights within the continental U.S., as well as to Canada, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii and the Caribbean. AA is not making any change to its international policy, which already provides free inflight entertainment. The airline's premium-class customers will still get free inflight entertainment on all properly equipped flights. "This change will allow us to greatly reduce headset distribution costs while continuing to focus on services our customers tell us add value," said Veronica Lopes, managing director-inflight products.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
USA 3000 to DR

I did this from Hartford this summer. It was as easy as can be. The only flaw was the flight attendant who chose to depict the DR as fraught with peril and people who would sooner rip them off than look at them.

The plane was on time, clean, and half full. What will happen with increasing numbers of pax is anyone's guess. Food was mundane.

Service at Punta Cana airport was very good--Apple Vacations staff was attentive.

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
Thanks to everyone that replied, much appreciated. I've read some good things about them and my girlfriend read that they do a champagne/mimosa service with hot towels. Pretty nice if it's true.

Brian

CherylinUS

Oct 10, 2002
USA 3000

I used USA 3000 from Hartford, CT last April and I thought they were pretty terrific. A little more leg room and in flight movies, much better than other charters I have used.
Good Luck!

Charlene G. Pic

Jul 13, 2002
Can you book a flight with them directly, or is this just thru a travel agent? We fly out of Pittsburg somethimes and we're always looking for good deals. Their web page was not much help. Thanks Char

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Apple Vacations and USA 3000

I am reasonably sure that you have to use a travel agent. I did and I would only do that if I had no choice. Apple Vacations is a tour operator and owns USA 3000. They do not want to cut out their travel agents who bring them all the rest of their business, so they send you to an affiliated agent even for air only.

It's still worth the extra step, as long as it is as foolproof as my one trip was. Can't count on that, but actually you don't have much choice.