Would the US invade DR again? and the weather in Tibet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Re: Food for thought!!

MommC said:

A war that shouldn't have been in many peoples opinions.
Will Iraq be another Vietnam?

If it happens, and it probably will, Iraq will not become
another Viet Nam. Although we, the USA, may not have
the brightest at helm, 43, we do have enough strong
advisors who will execute the operation efficiently with
an end game in mind.

Take care,

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I just was wondering if it could lead to another "invasion"!

The question would be by which nation???

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
MommaCita, I'm on the verge of driving all the way up I81 just to give a good spanking. Well, disregard what I just said, it may lead you to think about other things since you always get sidetracked.
Stick to the subject!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hmmmm...I-81.....one of my favourite routes

when on the way to visit relatives. But Wud is right....ya'd need about six hours (maybe 7-8 depending on who's driving) to get to where I'm at! More if you travel only the larger highways and expressways. We know all the "back" roads so it makes the trip a bit shorter.
Anyhoo....I kinda was on track....the OP was about the US Marines occupying Haina and the possibly paranoic over-reaction of the US to a percieved threat! (or am I reading more into this than has been stated in the other posts in this thread??).
So I'm just wondering if it could happen again given the uncertainty on the world scene today and the massive debt the "leaders" of the DR are piling up??

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ahhhhh.but look how many foreigners from the mddle East

and Pakistan are living in or visiting the DR!
Numerous terrorists could be "plotting" from the island and it is still as close to the US as it was back in the "Cold War Era"!

N

Not registered

Seems most of the people connected to the terrorist plot of 9/11 are being arrested by the RCMP to our North

If the US "Invades" the DR, I'm certain it will be the typical monetary infusion to keep a trade partner afloat

Janice

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
John Ashcroft

Pib said:
I suggest you inform John Ashcroft ASAP.

Pib,

John Ashcroft may already have been alerted to DR1.
Remember he's still holding Taliban members on Guantanamo
Bay.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
What the heck would I know about US bankers???

I do know most of the suspected "terrorists" including those identified as having taken part in 9/11 were/are -
a)born in the US
b)raised in the US
c)legal residents of the US
d) legal "visitors" to the US
e) all of the above

Seems some of the posters on this thread have their data confused again or have bought in to the rhetoric one watches on TV.

As a part time resident of the DR I truly am worried about the possibility of "invasion" and "riots" and turmoil and upheaval caused by the current government. After all.....I'm not American and Uncle Sam sure doesn't have MY best interests at heart!

Apr 26, 2002
MommC - Please note how little your posts relate to the topic of this thread - the 1965 invasion of the DR by the US. How about starting still another thread about Hipolito, the PRD, the economic situation or national stability (alternatively you could respond to the half-dozen or so outstanding threads on these topics).

If you do start a new thread, I will promptly post a reply to your thread. Again, my reply will be focused on the weather in Tibet.

N

Not registered

Terrorists in Canada (not Mom C )

Here you go Mom C, dated but shows the role of Canada in allowing Terrorism. Note: using the "ultimate BBC" for unbiased reporting :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/793178.stm

Or God forbid, a CANADIAN Newspaper couldn't be wrong or biased

http://www.nationalpost.com/search/site/story.asp?id=C5801E8A-54B4-4666-96C3-01B3353154CA

Hey, we screw up in the US and admit it, try admitting that YOU Are wrong once in a while instead of making excuses or changing the flow, it can cleanse the sould :)

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Re: Terrorists in Canada (not Mom C )

Not registered said:
Here you go Mom C, dated but shows the role of Canada in allowing Terrorism. Note: using the "ultimate BBC" for unbiased reporting :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/793178.stm

Or God forbid, a CANADIAN Newspaper couldn't be wrong or biased

http://www.nationalpost.com/search/site/story.asp?id=C5801E8A-54B4-4666-96C3-01B3353154CA

Hey, we screw up in the US and admit it, try admitting that YOU Are wrong once in a while instead of making excuses or changing the flow, it can cleanse the sould :)
In the first link provided you can see clearly that since the BBC is quoting a report by CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service) I fail to see how we as Canadians are trying to make excuses or "covering up". As to the second link if you read the article you will see that an investigation is/was (you're right it is dated- it has now been definitively verified that they NEVER were in Canada) underway because of US allegations. It is now know that most of the individuals rounded up in Buffalo, New York, USA were born in the US and travelled through Pakistan on their way to the Al Quaida camps.
Could the allegations have been made to try to divert attention from the poor job American security services are doing ?
I think it's a distinct possibility considering that from the moment 9/11 occurred some of the first words uttered every time a "suspected terrorist" is arrested or identified are "THEY MUST HAVE COME FROM CANADA!"
I'm surprised you didn't mention the 15 yr old CANADIAN boy that is being held incognito in Afghanistan who was captured during an attack against the American contingent there. Yes, it has been well publicised both in Canada and around the world that his older brother is also suspected of being an Al Qaida member and his father (who's whereabouts are unknow-also both Canadian citizens -both having left the country quite some time ago) is suspected of "financing" Al Qaida activities.

Now Por....how IS the weather in Tibet?? I'm not going to make it there this year (tho' I'm hoping to sneak in a quick trip to Morroco while I'm in Europe) however I'm hoping to make it to India next year with a friend and we'd both like to visit Tibet. I think the Dali Lama is a remarkable human being and I'd like to visit the culture from which he comes!

N

Not registered

Your source?

From Mom C

"It is now know that most of the individuals rounded up in Buffalo, New York, USA were born in the US and travelled through Pakistan on their way to the Al Quaida camps"

Well know to who? I believe the article stated quite succinctly that the terrorists cam through the rather "porous" Canadina Borders. were you not able to find a source to qualify your allegations?

As for the 15 yr old and his Father, tough luck! Were they handed over by Canadian authorities or caught red handed in another country? I don't hear any uproar, doesn't matter if they were US, Canadians or Dominicans, if they are linked to 9/11 they will be held unless Canada intends to try and claim them

Mom, this is from CANADIAN INTELLIGENCE :)

The men returned a month later, also through Toronto. Canadian immigration authorities confirmed one of the alleged cell members, Sahim Alwan, arrived at Toronto's Pearson airport on June 21, 2001, the FBI said.

He flew on an Air Canada flight.

CSIS declined yesterday to provide any information on the case, such as whether it was co-operating with U.S. authorities or whether the men under arrest had any contacts with known extremists in Canada.

There is no evidence linking the men to the Sept. 11 attacks, nor is there any evidence Canadian authorities are at fault; at the time the men transited Canada they were not yet under FBI investigation.

But the Ontario government is troubled that the organization responsible for the World Trade Center massacre had used Canada's largest airport as a jumping-off point for their travels to the lair of bin Laden.

I never said Canada was covering anything up, they are always as helpful as possible, I said YOU should accept responsibility once in a while for your statements, I certainly do not equate your extremism for the Canadian creed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.