I'm officially...

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
...a GRINGA!!!
Yesterday, I was finally made an official American citizen, along with 8,999 other souls from 99 different countries in three different ceremonies in Miami Beach. The second largest "crowd" of fellow Americans was from 'THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC'...(first one being of course, from CUBA)

So, now I'm officially an Uruguayan Gringa...only one left will be to become a certified...DOMINICANA!!! (I'm working on at least the tan!)
ind.gif

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Great MQ! Now those sanky men are REALLY going to want you ;) You'll have to keep it on the hush hush. Dont' worry I won't tell them. I am happy for you. :)

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Congradulations. It is a very special thing to me when I see someone become a US citizen. I got mine by birth...you have chosen to become a citizen...that is special.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Theresa...Wow, girl...That thought hadn't even crossed my mind!!!

But you are sooooo right!!!

Thanks, Anna, El Jefe and Trina for the good wishes...It was a very special moment, and since I'm so emotional I even CRIED!!!

Just think...out of 6 kids, plus uncles, aunts, and the rest of my vey large Italian family...I WAS THE ONLY ONE not naturalized yet!!!

Shame on me!!! But...better late than never, right?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please add my congratulations to this list of good wishes.
It is special to be able to select your nationality/citizenship.

AM_FLAG.GIF

HB :)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Congratulations MQ!!! It's so nice when one acknowledges the priviledge of being part of a great country by choosing to become a citizen! I wish you all the best and remember to get out and VOTE!!

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Comgratulations MQ !!!, I know the feeling I did my back in 1981, I
wish you the best.
(i would like to also introduced myself, my name is Tony Cabrera)

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
Congratulations!

Please join us in the fight against those foreigners taking our jobs. :)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Thank you again, everyone for the good wishes...

Tony Cabrera...it's a pleasure to have you here...tell us more about yourself, and post a picture...please?

Pepe...I'm not sure what you mean by your post, but Ambassador Ambler Moss said in his speech at the ceremony that by the year 2006, (not too far away)...the US will be in need of 6,000,000 new inmigrants, since the population is becoming "old" and we will need younger people to do the work...

Who's taking whose job away from whom?

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
Musicqueen said:
Thank you again, everyone for the good wishes...

Tony Cabrera...it's a pleasure to have you here...tell us more about yourself, and post a picture...please?

Pepe...I'm not sure what you mean by your post, but Ambassador Ambler Moss said in his speech at the ceremony that by the year 2006, (not too far away)...the US will be in need of 6,000,000 new inmigrants, since the population is becoming "old" and we will need younger people to do the work...

Who's taking whose job away from whom?

I was expecting you to roll on the floor laughing...... I better keep my daytime job, I won't make it as a comedian.

DRMarine

Jan 25, 2002
MQ,
How long did the naturalization process take for you? I'm in the process right now and it has been 1 year and 2 months already.
Last I heard from the INS was that my interview had been cancelled for unspecified reasons and that I would be hearing from them when they had more information. I was just curious about how long it took you. I've heard that sometimes it varies from state to state.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Tony Cabrera, Cira et al I take it no one has informed you that the DR1 community is a tight knit bunch. We can let you in but you must submit a photo. Please take this chance so that you can fully become a member :)