DR to Europe

teresia

Sep 4, 2002
I wonder if anybody knows how much a one-way ticket from POP to Amsterdam/Stockholm would cost? I think that before it was a lot more expensive to buy the ticket in DR to Europe than the other way around, still so?
Soon going, so if anyone know it would be a great help!

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Martinair to AMSTERDAM from PUERTO PLATA

PUERTO PLATA, Dominican Republic
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands
Departing in October 2002

Prices in EUR ?
EUR? 519.00 per person, tax EUR? 99.13
Total EUR? 618.13 U flying with: Martinair Holland
Puerto Plata - Amsterdam

Wednesday
POP 15:40 - AMS 09:30 +1 [Economy] Flight#MP 601
Wed Depart 15:40 Puerto Plata
Ariving 09:30 +1 Amsterdam
Class Economy
Aircraft Boeing 767 300/300ER
Flighttimetable; This flight makes 1 stop en route at Holguin, Cuba

Total Ground Time : 01:15
Total Flying Time : 10:35
Flight Distance : 379 miles
Total Journey Time : 11:50

Cristian Garcia
NSP interactive

Last edited:

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
If you are going to Stockholm you should check with Iberia too, flying through Madrid rather than Shiphol. I was offered more or less the same price as above for TWO ways Stockholm - Santo Domingo. Not sure if they fly on POP but it wont cost you much to get to SD. Best way I think would be to contact a travel agency in Sweden through mail and hear what they have to offer. Look in the yellowpages. Iberias webpage isnt always trustworthy.

One more thing if youre heading for sthlm via amsterdam, dont buy a ticket for amsterdam and then a new one. contact klm and get a ticket for sthlm, they are cooperating with klm. will save you money. same goes for iberia of course, dont book Madrid, but sthlm. Also, if youre under 26 and flying with klm/martinair, dont forget to mention that as youll get a special offer.

Good Luck,

mne

teresia

Sep 4, 2002
Thanks for the info!
The thing is I?m going to POP now in october from Stockholm, and I want to go back to STHLM in april or may next year, but KLM/Martinair says that they only fly until 28th of march. So I wonder if I just should get one way to pop now and buy the return in DR and how much that would be. Because there has to be flights in april/may!!! More help?

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
If they say that there are no flights after March, there probably aren't. So why not check with Iberia? They fly every day through Madrid. But a one way ticket will cost you almost as much as two ways. You should consider going both ways with them instead as that will save you a lot of money.

On the other hand, if you get a one-year-ticket from KLM, it seems to me like they should have some responsibility for getting you back home. But others probably know more than that than I do. I know for a fact that I got a one-year-ticket with an open return from KLM (for the same price as an ordinary three-month-ticket since I am under 26) in September and they didn't mention anything to me about not being able to fly me back after March.

As I mentioned, I'm not sure Iberia has flights for POP but from Santo Domingo you just catch the CaribeTours bus to Puerto Plata for around 100 pesos.

Air France is another option but I think that they are generally a bit more expensive.

I still think the best way to get some actual information on the price, is to call a travel agency in Sweden. They're typically very helpful and some are specaliced in the Caribbean. They all access the same database systems but some salespersons are better at finding good prices. Try Carribean Travels in Stockholm 08-30 21 03, Carribean Resor in Lund 046-12 75 34 or IncaTours in Malm? 040-664 50 80. I got my ticket from IncaTours, if you call them ask for Christian, he's very helpful.

Good Luck,

mne