Most Dominican fall in this category

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
CHULOS, TIGRES,SANKY PANKYS, VAGOS,CAMPESSINOS AND DISHONEST BUSINESS MEN AND CURRUPT POLITICIANS

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
I am curious to know in what category we can classify you. If you are not Dominican do tell how does your country rate and how do can we rate you. A serious. Hard working, honest, proud Dominica Lady

Lina

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Scaramooch,

perhaps Dominicans of good reputation and morals wish to have nothing to do with you, therefore, you never meet them

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Scaramooch must be basing all his generalizations on individual threads from this board!! ;)
Just goes to show how narrow a view it is easy to get when basing comments on limited knowledge.....
We're all guilty of that at times gang!!
All I can say is get your buns down to the DR and meet some of the "Regulars" from the board!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[discovery channel narrator]

Look at the Newbie do the I-want-some-attention dance. So rarely do people in a modern society have a chance to meet such an endangered creature, especially in its native habitat. Please, no photographs as such creatures are by nature skittish, we don't want to chase him off too soon. Especially since his native habitat is shrinking at such an alarming rate.

Notice its colorful plumage.

[/discovery channel narrator]

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Scaramooch has not only been a regular here for many years but has a second home on the south coast. He is also of Dominican heritage with his mother being full Dominican. He has every right (and first hand knowledge) to refer to Dominicans any way he wants, having experienced a lot of it firsthand. And although I tend to agree that many fit into his sordid descriptions ( I know, I've dealt with them too), there are just as many Dominicans that I personally know are just the opposite and are super people.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
As a Dominican....I personally don't give a rat's ass what most of you think of me and mine....for the most part, you couldn't hold my jockstrap...

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
As a Dominican, I know it is possible to be one and all of these with the possible exception of a 'campesino', and/or a PARIGUAYO, which I am.

Translated for those ex-pats whom may not know its meaning:

PARIGUAYO is a fancy word for the other P word, which is not suitable for use in this medium.

Respectfully,

Jose?to
(the epicenter of all things pariguayo)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since when is being a:"Campesino" something negative?

What is wrong with being from the "FARM COUNTRY"? I am a proud "Farmer"/"Campesino" from Illinois.You like to eat? Guess what,somebody has to "grow" the food!As for all the other catagories you mentioned,they probably add up to about 5% of all Dominicans,not 100%! Probably not that different a % of the total population than the "Low Life" of any country.Cheer up,they do add a lot of "Color" to the life here.After all,US Sen.Robert Torricelli "D"from New Jersey just dropped out of the NJ senate race because he is a thief!,and was taking "bribes" from,you guessed it,a dishonest businesman!COLON is HOME!

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
Andy, I thank you for your support, I just wanted to see how many feathers I can ruflle. I did leave the "chopos" out but it wasn't intentionally. I know you alluded to the many honest people there. But to give a metaphor, if you painted on a wall dots of black and white and evenly distributed, if you looked from afar your would see a shade of gray that is neither black or white.Making that observation and applying it to the honest Dominicans versus the rest of them, you would conclude that every one is out to screw you.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yeah....and I got royally torn to pieces when I stated that I'd never met an honest Dominican (even tho' at the time it was true!!). I've since been convinced via this message board that there are some and I look forward to meeting them in person this winter.......

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey....ya forgot something Jazz.....I don't "buy" sex!
I married an Italian.....and it wasn't for his money that's for sure!!! ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well....living in Juan Dolio ya get to meet a lot of them. Also being a white skinned tourist "pegs" one as a "mark" automatically.
But the locals are great once you get to know them and some have become quite good friends. Many are "honest" with us but that in itself is a drawback in a way because you get to see them in action with others and even swap jokes about their exploits after. It really is an "insider" view. Can't recall how many business ventures we've been asked to be part of - all with a slightly illegal twist (tax evasion that kinda thing) and I've heard just about everything you'd want to know about "offshore" banking and company registration to get around DR and Canadian tax laws!
Also could make a killing on "real estate" schemes if we were of that mentality. Too bad hubby and I don't believe in making money on the backs of others. But I have heard the phrase "Los vieven vivos de los otros" or something like that.....lossely translated means the "rich live on the backs of the poor"!!
Too True in the DR.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
And you still really believe that!!! Go back and read the last page Jazzy......AZB Rich Dominicans....hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
ahhhhh I needed that laugh!!

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
MommC, You said you live in the Juan Dolio area I am very familiar with the place. I had worse Italian food I ever had andthe worse pizza I ever eaten, one joint is called El sue~no and the other is next to a joint called Cappucino I forgot the name of it , the propriators are Italian so I was dumfounded as how he manage to make such a lousy pizza. I hope you not married to one of them.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
La Grotta Azul is the other one and you got it right....he makes terrible pizza!! He learned from a Roman fellow who makes good pizza and shakes his head every time he sees this guy making one. He just can't make the dough!! el sueno is passable to the uninitiated but the Calabrese lady at L'angolo Italia makes good pizza. The used to have a restaurant up near Metro (can't for the life of me remember the name) and also operated one in BC for a few years. Until they opened L'Angolo Italia we only ate pizza at home!!
I like the linguine with seafood sauce at El Sueno and their "fileto" is okay. Beats cooking every night!!!
"course" if ya want really good seafood ya gotta come to my place when hubby's dive instructor is cooking! Man between the two of us it's a feast! He does the fish/seafood (mmmm) and I do everything else. Anyone who's eaten with us keeps telling us we should open a restaurant (I'm RETIRED and want to stay that way!!hehehehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.