Weather in Puerto Plata in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoebedog

Oct 1, 2002
hey, all,

what's the weather like in puero plata in November. Also, has anyone stayed at the IBEROSTAR COSTA DORADA? How are these all-inclusive deals handled? What about gratuities?

Kind of new to this whole "lay around, eat and drink" thing.

;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The weather doesn't change much year round in the DR. Those of us who have lived here long enough for our blood to thin find it cooler in winter than in summer, especially at night, but visitors don't notice much change.

When I first came here 16 years ago, it seemed as though there were definite rainy and dry seasons. But these days, this doesn't seem to be the case. But people from all over the world report that weather patterns are different than they used to be.

Come expecting plenty of sunshine.

Jim Driscoll

Jan 4, 2002
Temperatures low 80's to around 90 day time. Upper 60's to low 70's night time. Some showers but they don't last too long.

All inclusives are just that. You pay one fee for your room, meals and local alchoho. Tipping is at you option. However you should expect to tip the bell man, maids, bartenders, taxi drivers etc. The amount you elect to tip again is your option. We have found that service improves dramatically when you tip.

Driscoll:

You should only expect to tip anyone who gives you good service, when your in an AI you can tip or not tip but protocol says what I said before, optional!!!
Check out the archives many threads on tipping.
and
Ken has it on the weather, where did you get the 90's stuff???
80-85 F max, with a nice breeze.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Phoebedog, The odds of November being very wet are high, both from statictics and personal experience, as we arrive in November in Costambar (just w. of Puerto Plata) for 6 months. The rains are warm & torrential, & are usually short. Good luck! Canadian Bob.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Phoebedog: You picked a good one, that is for sure. Be sure to get out and about, see the city on your own...it is just a 10 peso ride into town on a local bus....You are safe and i am sure you will enjoy it. Try and have a breakfast at Sofy's B&B--Yes, I know you are at an all-inclusive, but live a bit....And a dinner at Tim Hall's place the Caf? Cito is a good thing...

The weather is great....and that is 4 decades talkin' to yuh!!

HB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hlywud said:
Driscoll:

You should only expect to tip anyone who gives you good service, when your in an AI you can tip or not tip but protocol says what I said before, optional!!!
Check out the archives many threads on tipping.
and
Ken has it on the weather, where did you get the 90's stuff???
80-85 F max, with a nice breeze.

Well Wud it was in the 90's last October and November when I was in Sosua. Hell it felt almost that hot at night. I couldnt walk 1 block wearing shorts and a t-type shirt without sweating.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
I ,ve found like Jazzy that its hot oct. and nov however this is due to a high humidity factor,as for rain its been like everywhere in the world unpredictable the last few years,rule of thumb it rains more often in autumn months but usually after 3 pm

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
November is on record as the rainiest month of the year in P.Plata, if I am not mistaken. My personal experience confirms this. 2 or 3 winters ago,(can't remember which), it rained virtually every day during November. Still, wet or dry , P.P. is kicken , a great Town!
If you hit a rainy period during your visit, hop on a Caribe tour bus and go to Monte Crisiti. Good beaches, cheap, lots of chivos and the sun is always shinning.

Charlene G. Pic

Jul 13, 2002
Hi Phoebedog, Cute name. Been to the Iberostar in POP this past spring. It is a beautiful resort. For an IA the food in the restaurants were outstanding. Our room very nice, it even came with it own rooster that woke us up very early in the am! I swear it was always outside our door everymorning for wake up call, then never to be seen till the next morning. Pool area very nice, and the beach was OK. Not as nice as in Punta Cana. For some breathtaking views take the incline up the mountain. Your very close by. Rent a car or jeep and see the countryside. Very lush and green, where Punta Cana almost like the dessert. You'll love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.