coldest beer in each city

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Since i spend some time riding my bike all over the island and i measure distance by beer stops between citys how about a little help from yall in making a beer drinkers tour map,i have tried many over the years but my brain never thougt to record them all,as i am planning an extended tour soon i will need all the ice cold presidente selling colmados i can find,i know i will start at my favorite the little green comado acrooss from the brugal factory in pto pta where ihave had the pleasure to sip presidente con la vestida de novia since columbus arrived here,thanx for the info

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Cold Beers

You don't need a map. Cold beers can be found in every corner of the country. That's the great thing about here. Even where there is no electricity you can find colmados with gas fridges that serve almost freezing beers.

Campesino

May 18, 2002
If in Boca Chica, head to Colmado San Rafael. When at the bomba shell, go towards the beach and its on the left, in front of a big green hotel called Hamilton, cant miss it. Always the coldest beer in town, electricty or not, and a good "bandera" served as well.

Lyse

Jan 2, 2002
Hi Johnny,
La Enea (carretera Higuey - El Seybo), en el colmado La Ceniza you will find the coldest Presidente in the entire D.R. En El Guanito (carretera Higuey - El Seybo) stop by my place and you'll find the second coldest....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ahem. Dr. Beer here...
In Santiago:
1) 16 de Agosto between Mella and Sanchez. Righ side. Can't miss it. No women allowed inside. They can sit on beer cases in the front. Called Bader..Famouse all over the country.
2) Maga, just down the street from L. Le?n Jim?nes'factory, across the street from the little park.
3) Aida's Delicias (a) Next to the FedEx office on Av, Metropolitana and (b) at Don Luis' restaurant at the corner of 27 de Febrero and Dr. Erik Eikman.
Each of the above are famous for kipes, but Aida's is the best kipe and empanada in the DR
4) Colmado Del Pino on Calle Vicente Estrella (old Calle de los Pinos, but they cut them all down!! So much for conservation)

The Supermercados Centrales, one on 27 de Febrero, in back of the Nacional and the other on Estrella Sadhal? over by Los Salados have excellent beer and all the food you might like-pretty good menu, too.

Next question?

Okey, yes, in Mao? Of course. Send your Visa card number and I will........

HB
beer8.bmp

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Ahem. Dr. Beer here..

Next question?

Okey, yes, in Mao? Of course. Send your Visa card number and I will........

HB
beer8.bmp
H.B.
THANKS I WILL PUT THE INFO TO GOOD USE,NOW ABOUT MAO?dont keep all the cold ones for yourself,how about Navarete?:confused:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a little place in front of the Flor de los Reyes tobacco warehouses that has good beer, but the places in navarette are pretty small, and they can't keep it cold and with the lights the way they are...it is doubtful....

HB:)

tigreloco

Oct 10, 2002
no hay luz? Que me importa. 90% of colmados serve at the point of freezing, but if you have the pouring technique, you won't end up with a beersicle

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Beersicle never!!!!!! its not in the pouring what you need to do ii scratch a line through the small top label,its just one of those unexplainable things that works