looking for cheap fare from mia to sdq $500<

pr1

Oct 6, 2002
I am looking for a air fare from miami on Dec 21 returning Jan 11
the only fare I find are about $575.00 can anyone tell me where to get a better fare? I tried Orbitz,Expedia,Hotwire,AA .
thank you

jphilpotts

Oct 5, 2002
I think the name of the airline is Aeromar and you can find the number by using your search engine for Aeromar and then going to their site. I have had quotes for 298 including tax. They were the best bet for planned vacas. If you have no set date AA.com has net fare rates that are usually 169 plus tax but you can't plan and they are usually only for the weekend sortof thing. Also, the new Mexican airline that is flying from Miami to STQ and visa versa is pretty inexpensive. I think it is Aero Mexicana or something like that. I can't remember. But try those they may be of some help.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Try Spirit Air out of Fort Lauderdale Itl. to Santo Domingo. Also, check the schedules to San Juan and then fly American Eagle or Air Santo Domingo over to Santo Domingo. There are also other airlines flying these routes.

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Why does it cost so much to fly from Miami??? That is more than we paid to go from Maine???

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
Mainer,with the airline industry going broke there are still a couple of milk cows for them, that includes the DR. Dominicans going to the DR is like Muslims making their pilgrimage to Mecca, so they will charge any price and they will get it, like the post above said, it's all supply and demand.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
For $75.00 pick AA

I would never use the others and I think Mexicana is gving up the ghost as of the end of this month. Busy time, high season, and you do want to get there reliably. I think the new players are risky in terms of service ( not dangerous though)