Those rich dominican who invested....................

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
in the stock market most likely took a hell of a hit if they invested on all those companies that got caught on that Enron symdrome which has led to the economic debacle. Plus the news just stated that brokerege houses like Smith & Barney, Merryl Lynch and a host of others are under investigation for fraud and impropriety,in which according to reports investors have lost over 7 trillion dollars (this is not a typo either) I am sure some of this money was lost to some rich Dominican that is probably having second thought into gambling his money into the biggest scam (unless you are an inside trader) invented by big fish to eat the little fish. Anyway the way I see it if they would have invested their money on the DR itself (like infrastructure, education, social programs, hospitals political reform) they would have been rewarded ten fold in the long run, I personally know people that their whole life savings been wipe out playing the get rich quick scheme in the stock market. So let this be a lesson to the rich that by the stroke of the pen you coild wind up in some Batey eating rice and beans and mangu three time a day the rest of your life.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Such obvious Jealousy.

The truly rich differcify their portfolio. There is much more to investing than just the Stock market. With all the wannabees bailing out of the market and getting into real estate now I am sitting pretty.
Sounds like you took a hit!
BTW the market will be back. Always has always will!

Tony C.

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
It's not only the rich dominicans.....

but all those hard working people with IRA's and 401k's who planned to used that money for retirement.

Those who lost the most did not follow the three golden rules for investing:

1) NEVER put all your eggs in one basket.
2) Diversify.
3) NEVER put all your eggs in one basket.

Believe it or not, if you have all your money invested in the DR, that would be one single basket.