Punta Cana to Puerto Plata

Laura

Oct 10, 2002
:confused: Quick question, how do you book a flight on Air Santo Domingo? I have found flight information, history etc but no one allows me to book the flight. My final question is: Is there any reason why I shouldn't book a flight on Air Santo Domingo? I've heard it have scheduling problems, does that mean late or no shows? Thanks, Laura in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Once you are in Punta Cana you can find the phone numbers for reservations at any hotel reception. They also have a website www.airsantodomingo.com where you can find all the phone numbers of their reservation offices in DR and they take reservations over the phone.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Air Santo Domingo

In late July, I hopped around a bit on ASD. I also used another small airline whose name escapes me to get from Las Terrenas to SD. In that case I used a travel agent in Las Terrenas to buy the ticket.

As for ASD, I flew from Punta Cana to POP--I bought the ticket in an office off the airport the day before the flight. No problem at all.

In both cases, I was pleased with on-time performance. I must say that there is very little chance that the two young pilots have any desire to meet their maker any time soon, so my feeling is that you will be safe.

There is nothing so exciting as flying at fairly low altitudes over this beautiful country--carry a bottle of water because it can get fairly hot at times before the air conditioning kicks in.

Abe

Laura

Oct 10, 2002
I'm Sold and Ready to Fly.

Thanks Mido and Abe for your feedback! I'm so excited now. This was my one big worry about my trip.:cool: