is there any one that knows the (CAPITAL)S T

jag2s

Oct 14, 2002
is anybody from santo domingo i would like to know if the famous (ship house)still there also i would like to know if they change the name or if was demolished it was built during 40s 50s
would like to know that information thank you for who ever knows any information about it. jag2s@netscape.net

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The Ship House

is still there as a physical entity, but its once "in" restaurant is now dead. I have not seen activity there in a while.

TW

jag2s

Oct 14, 2002
I AM INTERETED IN BUYING A HOUSE NEAR THAT RESIDENT' AS I
REMEMBER WHE I WAS A KID STROLLING DOWN THAT BLVD.TOWARD (GUIBIA,BEACH)MANY EON AGOS' AND FELT IN LOVE WITH THE AREA. BY THE WAY IT WAS CALL (THE SHIP HOUSE)BACK THEN CAUSE IT WAS CONSTRUCTED TO GIVE THE APPEARENCE OF A (SHIP) THEY MAY HAVE CHANGE THE NAME I ALSO HAVE FORGOTEN THE STREETS WERE IS LOCATED.THAKNS (PIB GODESS) GOLO.YOU ALL PINPOINT THE RIGHT LOCATION.WICH IS TRUE IS NEAR THE (CAPITOLIO NACIONAL)IAM PLANNING TO RELOCATE VERY SOON BY MID JUNE OR JULY OF NEXT YEAR.LOOKING FORWARD TO MEET SOME OF YOU PEEPS.

Pepe

Jan 1, 2002
I remember something called "La Casa Vapor". Where?.... don't remember.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jag2s

Guibia or Playa de Guibia is by the Malecon, whereas the ship is in an enetirely different area by the Capitol(Government Palace). Near Guibia lies the residential area of Gazcue with apartment prices ranging from US$30,000-$150,000 and houses upwards of $150,000. In the George Washington Avenue(erroneously being targeted for having its named deleted for Hermanas Mirabal and thus killing its prices) new apartments are in the range of US$150,000-$450,000). There are older apartments, but with lots of flaws. Houses for sale in El malecon are non-existant.

The old colonial area also by the Malecon is rather expensive with few houses for sale. The Capitol area is a mixed bag. You can find apartments for likewise prices or run down housing much cheaper.

TW