Barcelo Bavaro Complex in Punta Cana

josie

Jan 10, 2002
Does anyone know if the Barcelo Bavaro Resort Complex in Punta Cana has a community or a plaza within walking distance? Something with a bank, grocery store, internet cafe........I plan to book in the next day or so and would like to have these amenities nearby. Thanks.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Yep...

...the nearest plaza is at Bavaro Plaza which during the day you can take a guagua from the front gate of the Hotel complex, or you can reach it by taxi.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
If you are looking for a community or places where you can walk to outside your hotel you are much better off at any hotel close to Plaza Bavaro, e.g. the Fiesta Hotels, Flamenco Bavaro, Princess Bavaro, Melia Paradisus and Hodelpa Club Caribe. Yes, you will find 2 internet cafes.

josie

Jan 10, 2002
You guys are too good! Quick response and informative.

Mido: Would you recommend the Fiesta Bavaro? I have stayed at the Flamenco? I really liked their disco.

Mcinbrass: About how much would a taxi and bus cost from the Barcelo complex? When do the buses stop running?

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Taxi costs about...

...60 pesos or around 4 dollars. The buses run I believe until sundown.

Send me an email if you want more specific information on Bavaro Palace. I have stayed there 5 times. It is arguably the nicest property in the country.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Buses

The buses, gua-guas, run until 9 pm, unofficial, depending on the driver. The price to get to Plaza Bavaro area from the Barcelo Complex is about 8-10 pesos. Also, in the quaint Cortecito area, which is closer to the Bavaro resort, about half the distance, you will find a decent grocery store, The Amalia, across from the Captain Cook Restaurant; an ATM; and internet cafes. Best, that after 7pm to take a taxi. Better banking services are at Plaza Bavaro and there is a Vimenca (Western Union) shop, usually you will get one of the best money exchange rates there. Regards, PJT

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
josie said:
Mido: Would you recommend the Fiesta Bavaro? I have stayed at the Flamenco? I really liked their disco.

Well, there are different opinions about Fiesta Bavaro but it is not as good as Bavaro Palace. Maybe you try Melia Paradisus or Bavaro Princess, they are the same quality as Barcelo Palace.