Yet Another Girl Falls For Dominican Man

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
YES YES I KNOW...

this story is waaaaaaaaay too common.
much confusion on my behalf.
to all you experienced people out there... your advice will greatly be appreciated.

met a guy in DR, had a wonderful time the whole week despite my refusal to have sexual intercourse with him... my big question is this: if he did not bother me about having sex, did not ask me for money, and treated me with uttermost respect.... could he be a 'decent one'?

it ended rather badly though... i got sick on the last night i were to meet him and could not go meet him...

would it be silly to go to DR again to find him? i have a hunch of knowing where to find him... i just dread disappointment. does anyone think it would be silly to go back for him? by going back for him i don't mean to go marry him... but rather, to go on another vacation in hope of spending another wonderful week with him.

earosemena

Aug 18, 2002
Go for it!

Life is not worth much if one doesn't take risks. Go one step at a time and keep your emotions in check. Good luck.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
i guess i just don't want to be one of those silly girls that FALL in DR... i'm usually far from that. I went to DR to relax from work (i'm in the health field.. .which is highly stressful).. didn't expect to have such a good time. most romantic time of my life!!!

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lee-Lee

I say you found yourself a real 'Jack-Pot'!!!

There you see not all Domis are bad boys that only want one thing
(hold it, make that two).

So follow Earosemenas advise and "GO for IT"

X. (wondering what that could be)

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Lee-Lee
follow your instinct and your heart, we dominican men are not
so bad at some people try to make you think. good luck

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Lee-Lee said:
it ended rather badly though... i got sick on the last night i were to meet him and could not go meet him...

would it be silly to go to DR again to find him? i have a hunch of knowing where to find him... i just dread disappointment. does anyone think it would be silly to go back for him? by going back for him i don't mean to go marry him... but rather, to go on another vacation in hope of spending another wonderful week with him.

Did he know that you didn't meet him on your last night because you were sick, or was he left to draw his own conclusions?

Often in life we have wonderful experiences, but when they end they remain in our memory but can't be repeated no matter how much we might wish them to be. You say that you "dread disappointment", but there is a very real possibility this will be the outcome if you return to hunt for him. You have to decide whether the desire to see if that "wonderful week" can be repeated is so strong that you can bear the disappointment that may be the outcome.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Lee Lee,

I'm assuming you're talking about Benji. Watch out for him. If you would like more details about him send me an email. I, too, thought he was one of the "good" ones and considered him a good friend until I was there in August and saw a different side to him.

He seems sweet and perfect until you get to know him.

Be careful with this one, girl!

Debs

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
A DDD is a definitly different dominican,as in oh my dominican is not like the others hes different

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
debs - i was there in early august... when were you there? where did you stay? i was at Flamenco ... wicked resort.

johnny... i'm not convinced he's a DDD... that's why i'm here asking for some advice. The way it's looking, I think he might be a bad one from what I hear from Debs.

Debs you're convinced it's the same benji... which resort does he work at? have you met his brother or sister.... are you aware of his little secret in toronto?

ken... yes, he was not aware of me being sick. you know the food in dominican... and how it gets to you. he came to my beach during the day to spend some time with me that day though (before i got sick)... and all was really good.

one problem though - he admits to having a daughter from some canadian chic - which sent warning signs in the back of my mind.

one last word - i am NOT sitting around moping about this guy......... i am NOT desperate to find him... i have NOT become obsessed with finding him; it's not my lifelong ambition; i DO think however, that it would be very interesting to see if i could bump into him again and spark some more romance (and YES, romance is possible without sex if you have some fiber of passion and spirituality in you.... i would never have sex with a dominican, in a place where AIDS is on the increase, and most likely... i have no idea how many chics benji has slept with. why should i risk everything i have going for me to screw some guy in dominican?? not very smart... especially for a young doctor would you say??

thank you all for the advice... keep it coming y'all
adios : )

ps... now that you know my little story... would you go back to puerto plata or cabaret?

Last edited:

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
A DDD is a definitly different dominican,as in oh my dominican is not like the others hes different
Johnny, I do believe you've stolen that from Juan Miranda!

Lee-lee, if you say you're not going to sleep with him OR give him money or lavish gifts, then why not go back? You have nothing to lose! You already know that he is potentially a creep, so confirmation of that wouldn't be such a shock.

This guy sounds like a pro to me...

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Jane nah it was actually taught to me by Ron AND sANDY EX OWNERS OF THE NO NAME CAFE IN PUERTO PLATA ANYONE REMEMBER THAT PLACE

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Lee-Lee - I was there in late August and stayed at Jack Tar Village. I can't remember where he said he was working this time, but he used to work at Club on the Green and he was let go from there a while ago. I met the family in early 2001.

I'm 99.9% sure it's the same guy. I don't have any pics of him, but if you do, feel free to send them my way and I'll confirm.

BTW, check your email :)

Jane J - He definitely a pro.

Johnny Honda - Thanks for clearing up the DDD mystery. I was worried my chat lingo was starting to slip.

Edited to add...

Lee-Lee, I just saw your message in your other post. You described him to a "T"...sorry hun :(

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Lee-Lee said:
one last word - i am NOT sitting around moping about this guy......... i am NOT desperate to find him... i have NOT become obsessed with finding him; it's not my lifelong ambition; i DO think however, that it would be very interesting to see if i could bump into him again and spark some more romance (and YES, romance is possible without sex if you have some fiber of passion and spirituality in you.... i would never have sex with a dominican, in a place where AIDS is on the increase, and most likely... i have no idea how many chics benji has slept with. why should i risk everything i have going for me to screw some guy in dominican?? not very smart... especially for a young doctor would you say??

Sounds like you have your head on straight, Debs. Very refreshing. If you have been reading this board long, you know that most threads started on the subject of love and Dominican males are quite different.

Read the trip report by MusicQueen, another has-her-head-on-straight regular of this board. You'll see she had a wonderful time doing much the same as you have in mind. http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19089

D

Dubld

Don't bother looking for another fun week with the same person. It will not be the same-find someone else! Visist another island! He probably had his hands full with with someone else at the time you were there not putting out.

Hmmmm....so if you are a doc., and you are afraid of catching AIDS-does that mean that those of us using condoms will???
Please! That's everywhere, not just the DR.

Re: the food that made you sick-that's what happens at all inclusive resorts where the food is recycled, left out too long, flies land on it, people breathe on it.....YUCK! Andlet's not forget o/d'ing on the sickening pina coladas, the beer, etc etc.....
I never get sick there because I don't go AI. And I have eaten from street vendors and live to tell the tale......Love those frio frios on a hot day, or a nice peeled orange with the juice so sweet!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
"one problem though - he admits to having a daughter from some canadian chic - which sent warning signs in the back of my mind. "

Lee lee when everyone was telling you to follow your heart I was going to say something but didn't. I found in my many years on this earth that the first message your brain gives you is always right. Then the heart steps in, which by the way has no reasoning powers, and makes things look so wonderfull and gets you into trouble.
You sound like smart woman.

D

Dubld

Anna - exactly! We really do need to learn to follow the intuition that all of us are born with but often disregard. That 'gut' instinct has never failed me. When those warning signals flash, heed them!