The planning has started....

R&JRivas

Apr 28, 2002
We are leaving for Dominican Republic (Mao) on December 18 and will be there until Jan 6, 2003. I have broke the news to my children that the first few day will be spent shopping for furniture ect ect.
In June while we were there we managed to visit several places such as:
Higuey
Isla Saona
La Romana
San Pedro De Macoris
Santo Domingo
Constanza
Jarabacoa
Santiago
Monte Cristi
Sousa and even Haiti.

They have made their list and they want to see Isla Saona agian along with Santo Domingo, Santiago, Constanza and Jarabacoa.
On their list they would like to see a water fall and go on jeep safari. My husband and I have agreed to take them where they like but, I have a few questions. I would like to skip Isla Saona and save that for summer when we have more time. Do Lago Enriquillo and Isla Cabritos have much to see? I have seen a few pictures and it looks like Florida Everglades to me and I live 10 min away from that so I dont know if I want to waste time going there. My children are 13 and 9. I know they have also listed a baseball game which I know wont be a problem, and the Amber Museum.
Any information you can give us would be great would like to have some of this planned out before we get down there.

R&JRivas & kids

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
By all means the Amber and Larimar Museums

Glad to see you have the Amber Museum on your list of things to see in Santo Domingo. Both it and its companion Larimar Museums are really outstanding. http://www.amberworldmuseum.com/

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Hi R&J - how are ya?

If you're in Sosua again, the kids would maybe like the Go-Kart place - I think it's called Fun City. My six-year old loves that place and it's something different to do.

On the beach itself, the Glass Bottom Boat is a lot fun and I always enjoy a ride on the catamaran.

Also the waterslide park (Columbus Aguaparque) is a nice day away from the beach. Cuz we all know how tiresome the beach gets after a while....Not.

Have a great time!

R&JRivas

Apr 28, 2002
thanks for info

Ken , my kids loved that web site the have read it from top to bottom and we will be going there for sure.

Jane thanks for those place you listed will be nice to take kids for day trip.

R&JRivas

mariposa33

Aug 22, 2002
If you are going to be anywhere near Barahona there is a great waterfall and beautiful drive. Take the coastal highway north from Barahona. Beautiful. When I lived there we went once a week and walked up the waterfall