Should I rent a car through my travel agencie, or when I get to DR?

Patrick

Oct 18, 2002
Im on my way to Puerta Plata, DR on Monday. I wanted to know if it is a better deal to rent a car through my travel agencie(I didin't get a price) or should I rent a car when I get there?

bryan

Mar 9, 2002
Hello Patrick,

When you get out of the airport there are some rental car places on the right hand side when you come out. I have rented a few times from a place called Savings car rental. Twice I rented small Jeeps and the last time I rented the Chevy blazer. They all were in real good condition and she was the least expensive I could find.
Have a good time and check out Cristal,La Boehim, Mountain View,
drive along the Malecon Blvd for little bars and places to eat.

Bryan

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I recommend you reserve in advance, either with a travel agent or directly with a car rental company. Confirm your rate in advance and check with your credit card company about insurance coverage for collision damage and liability - - be sure to clearly state you want information specific to the Dominican Republic. Certain car rental franchisees in the Dominican Republic require that you buy collision damage insurance from them, even if your credit card provides it as part of your service package. Perhaps most importantly, stay alert behind the wheel and assume all other drivers are incompetent. You will be over-reacting in some cases, but not others.