Sosua- need someplace cheaper...

Jean&Megan

Oct 21, 2002
Hi all;

After reviewing our rather pitiful financial state, we may have to downgrade from Hotel Tropix to save some $, we're thinking about Koch cabanas, they quoted us $25/night, does that seem high? Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

J & M

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Try Charamicos. You might be able to find something around RD$250.00 or US$13.00/day. Mind you, you'll have to share the toilet facilities and showers, if they have water, with 7 or 8 hookers and their clients (sic). Bring candles because I'm sure that they don't have emergency generator. Bring your ear plugs because there will be arguing or fighting all night. Maybe a 9mm. handgun would make you feel more sure of yourselves.
You're obviously joking in your post. But my question is why?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Eddy

Hey Eddy...I e-mailed you twice reguarding staying in one of your condos in Janurary.I sent one e-mail to condos dominicano last week and one to you the other day.tu no respondo.tu no gusta me?
Larry

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Jean&Megan

Excuse the joke. Don't go to Charamicos. Depending on when you intend to come visit, we can do something at US$25.00/day. It's a decent place. Visit our site at www.condosdominicano.com
E-mail me if you need any further info. Eddy

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
We (the whole family) just got back from Eddy's on Tuesday. It is a decent place. Clean and safe. Price was pretty good too. We didn't see any hookers. Jazzcom is kidding.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hey I was just trying to help Eddy out after he chased the women away!:) That was the best negative sales pitch I have ever seen.

Larry, are you just kissing up to Eddy for one of his beautiful gals?

I know I do:)

Jean&Megan

Oct 21, 2002
Hey Eddy- no hookers, no deal! Charamicos here we come...

But seriously, the reason we ask is staying for two weeks, staying somewhere cheaper will save us over $150, which means we can travel around a little more. Koch cabanas sounds fine for our needs, we wanted to stay somewhere near the water- unless anyone has a horror story we'll keep or reservations there...we didn't mean to offend anyone with the question!

Now if we can just get a mosquito-swatting hooker who brings her own earplugs, we'll be set...

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
The hotel beaches are about two blocks from Eddy's. Everyone just walks through the hotels with no problem. Lots of closed hotels with fairly empty beaches in front of them. The public beach is also within walking distance.

FWIW, we didn't even need to use mosquito repellent at Eddy's. He does a super job with keeping the place clean.

Jazzcom,
My daughter even noticed how beautiful Eddy's Angels are!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Yes I am in love with one of Eddys angels and you know who she is Scott.Jean and Meghan...Mainer was saying she didnt need mosquito repellent at Eddys..well if this is your first time to DR let me tell ya.."bring mosquito repellent and spray yourself before walking out of POP airport"!Those mosquitos absolutely eat me alive down there.I find OFF is the best.Use it and they will leave you alone.
Larry

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Hey, I know Charamicos isn't the lap of luxury, but it's not as bad as you guys are making out. At least it's "real".

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Mosquitos are pretty bad. I once saw a woman carried away by a bunch of them...

Mainer, you think Eddy picks them for their bartending abilities? I don't think so! The only thing I like about Eddy is his taste in employees. Nah, I take that back, I also like the fact that he has a lot of tv's in the bar:)

Larry, it is hard to decide which one I like the best. Depends on the day and what each one is wearing. Some of them look better some days than they do on other days. I would make them all my next wife!

I never heard of Koch Cabanas btw and I go very often to Sosua. I will be there 11-27- to 12-3 and again on 12-25 to 1-6. I will be picking Larry up at the Airport on the 3rd of Jan and I have been 6-8 times in the last year. Eddy has some very nice condos. You can probably make a deal with Eddy for 2 weeks for a 2 bedroom at the money you are talking about or close. If he doesn't give you a good enough deal we will try and embarrass him into it.

Maybe we can all dine on Larry in Sosua or Puerto Plata or Cabarete... Larry wont mind buying dinner for 20 people he doesnt know!

Hint, just whisper "SEX" in his ear.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
jazzcom said:

I never heard of Koch Cabanas btw and I go very often to Sosua.

jazzcom, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's that place where the white slaver kidnapped those girls last year and took them to Europe to work in a "house". Does that jog your memory?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Geez dinner for 20 sounds like a bit much..especially if MomC comes along...sheesh.
Larry

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Ummm, let's see. The Restaurant on the Waterfront is pretty good. There are only four of us. What is the date of the dinner, Larry?

The kids got some bites under their suits at the beach. Don't think they were mosquitoes. Definitely wear your OFF there. Speaking of which, there were several young (and some not so young) ladies seated next to us at the beach who had it off. Is this the norm in Sosua? I believe that they were foreign. I had heard that Dominicans disapproved of topless sunbathing, but these gents seemed anything but disapproving!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
There is a hot dog guy that sets up across from the four roses bar by the Europa at night and I will be happy to meet anyone from DR1 there and by them a Hot Dog.Except for Janice(I believe she was banned anyway.I will even buy Jazzcom a beer to wash his down with.
Larry

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Jane J. said:
Hey, I know Charamicos isn't the lap of luxury, but it's not as bad as you guys are making out. At least it's "real".
Personally i always shoot for the suburbs of Charamicos,home of our futur marina,yeah you all know the place El Tablon,directly on the sea:cool: lol