Anyone traveling to Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Profesora

Jun 23, 2002
If you are planning to visit Puerto Plata, and would be willing to help transport donated clothing, school supplies, toys and medicines, please send me a private message or email. There is a group of people in the United States who are collecting such items for the children in Puerto Plata who either live in orphanages, are street kids involved with Integraci?n Juvenil or from poor familes. Since I live in POP, I can easily see to the distribution of the items, and arrange for pickup from hotel, etc.

The medicines are destined for a dispensary run by the Siervas de Mar?a for the patients in the public hospital and other poor who cannot afford the high cost of simple things like vitamins and tylenol.

I would assume that people coming in on AA might be able to transport items more easily since the baggage allowance is greater.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jean&Megan

Oct 21, 2002
Hi there;

We're coming to POP Dec 28th. If the US org can get 1 large duffle bag worth of things to Philadelphia by that time, we'd be happy to take them with us and meet you at the airport...send me an email if you'd like!

Jean

La Profesora

Jun 23, 2002
Thanks! Can Anyone Else Help?

Thank you so very much. We really appreciate the help!

If anyone else will be traveling to Puerto Plata, we could use your help as well. The group in the US wants to ship monthly - but we are trying to arrange free or inexpensive shipping. :glasses:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
How about AGAPE? they are a missionary outfit out of Sarasota FL. They fly stuff into Santiago every week. Very low price, and they have good people to help get the stuff out of the Customs without much hassle.
Just a thought. HB

La Profesora

Jun 23, 2002
Thanks Hillbilly. I found their website, and will contact them tomorrow. We have a medical mission group coming in next September, so knowing about Agape is a great help.

Fulano

Jan 31, 2002
But,

Are you aware that this type of benevolent behavior will soon be unnecessary?? Yes as soon as the new Social Security system kicks in, there will be unlimited free medicines, free doctors and medical facilities for everyone!! The inhabitants of the Dominican Republic will live in a euphoric state of no-cost health care bliss that will be the envy of the world!!

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Re: But,

Fulano said:
Are you aware that this type of benevolent behavior will soon be unnecessary?? Yes as soon as the new Social Security system kicks in, there will be unlimited free medicines, free doctors and medical facilities for everyone!! The inhabitants of the Dominican Republic will live in a euphoric state of no-cost health care bliss that will be the envy of the world!!
And that would be manana right?:alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.