Water Service

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I live in a private residential home area that is administered and maintained by the developer. The developer owns the water supply and distributes the water to the homeowners. The homeowners are metered and are billed for the water on a monthly basis by the developer. I have received information the developer has not been paying the water taxes in a timely manner to the government that recently resulted in the authorities; meaning the tax people, police, and govt. lawyers to come to the residential to shut off the water supply. The developer promised to make a quick payment of 50% of the taxes the next day, with a payment of the balance the following. I have water, so I think this has been done.

My question is what recourse do I have if the government does shut the water supply, especially if I have been religiously making my payments for water service? What can I legally do to maintain water service without interruption? Regards, PJT

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Remember that water flows downhill, so does crappo!
You can only sue the developer, who was probably setting up his new mistress with your money...Now he will lose some of his hair, get a little more paunchy, and still think he is a "macho" since the new girl will keep him occupied...You, on the other hand will probably have water since he knows that if word gets back to his wife, he will lose 1/2 of everything he has not hidden away. And all of you dwellers will sue his a$$ to hell and gone...\

Good luck...welcome to typical stuff...

HB:)

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Thanks Hillbilly, for the information regarding water flowing downhill. If it does come to the point where I have to sue the developer I will be at the end of a long line of those doing the same for other reasons.

My concern is to be able to maintain unbroken water service through legal means to prevent the developer from defaulting on tax payments. Basically, is there a way to force him now to place the water monies received from the homeowners into the hands of a third party, for example a bank, that would responsible to administer the funds and guarantee timely tax payments to the govt.

Welcome to the DR!

Regards, PJT

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Isuggest you contact a lawyer ,Fabio Guzman from this board is honest and very proffesional,also contact the other home owners and see how they feel about having a third party administrating a fund set up for tis purpose.I would think legally you could set up an escrow fund for this purpose as i know you can do this with rent money.
Good luck
J.H.:bandit:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Curious. Do you guys have a type of "Owner's Association" that is legally constituted and can manage the funds?

HB, curious...