The LasVegas (IRS) Thread...

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Not to try to re-open that thread, but...

LasVegas: I had not been to this part of the site until today. Reading your thread I was shocked to find a discussion about someone I know. OK...by now everyone knows who the person is http://www.acereros.com.mx/jugadores/Willi_Otanez.htm I happen to be from Cotui, specifically from La Mata, which is where this guy's family is from. His mother and his aunt were both my teachers in school for about four years. I believe his mother is the current principal at my hometown's high school. As for Willie or "Illa", pronounced (ee - Ja), as he's known around town, I've known him since he was a little kid. We were in the same school, but not in the same classes as he's a few years younger than me. We know each other, but we're not what I would call best friends...Actually I think I may have met you. I was once in the DR and I was going by his mother's house, when I saw her with a gringa. She introduced the gringa to me as Willie's wife. Not sure if that was you....but I digress. I don't believe he's ever helped his family in any way, at least it does not appear so. On the other hand I don't know how much money he made. I don't think he made more than the minimum. One thing that puzzles me is the kid you mentioned in the thread...how come you got stuck with the kid? Where's the mother? I'm pretty sure you could send him back to La Mata anytime and his family will take care of him. I would say your best bet to find him is to start with his mother and La mata's high school. I could probably find where he is, but I do not want to get too involved, since I don't know his side of the story. Good luck!

Last edited: