Flights out of Santiago

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
I just got a call from American Airlines. They said that flight 5257 (STI to SJU) in the late afternoon/evening no longer exists. Does anybody else know if this is true? I am leaving to come back to the US on Tuesday, 12/10/02. Are there any other late flights from Santiago? For now, I'm booked on the 738 direct to Miami which leaves at 10:30 in the morning. This is going to cost me practically a whole day in the DR. I understand that AA has to cut flights in order to stay profitable and in business. But I'm still not happy about the changes.
Any info is appreciated.

St Louis Mike
28 days and counting

earosemena

Aug 18, 2002
I'm not clear as to what city you're flying to on your return 'cause you talk about SJU and MIA.
Here is what I found to be the later flts: (I'm a travel agent)
AA FTL 738 STI to MIA 10:30A
AA FLT 5255 STI to SJU 11:13A

There are later flts from Las Americas:
AA FLT 882 SDQ to MIA 4:03P
AA FLT 5231 SDQ to SJU 7:15P

I checked all airlines.

STI=Santiago; MIA=Miami; SJU=San Juan;SDQ=Santo Domingo

I hope this helps. Esther

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
She's Right :Santiago

st louis mike said:
I just got a call from American Airlines. They said that flight 5257 (STI to SJU) in the late afternoon/evening no longer exists. Does anybody else know if this is true? I am leaving to come back to the US on Tuesday, 12/10/02. Are there any other late flights from Santiago? For now, I'm booked on the 738 direct to Miami which leaves at 10:30 in the morning. This is going to cost me practically a whole day in the DR. I understand that AA has to cut flights in order to stay profitable and in business. But I'm still not happy about the changes.
Any info is appreciated.

St Louis Mike
28 days and counting

I download the AA.com off line schedule and it has a nonstop to MIA as you note and two one stops via SJU that leave about the same time (10:30 and 11:30) and get in a lot later.

There's a 3:57 p.m. Puerto Plata to MIA nonstop and that's closer than SDQ.

And 4 from SDQ, the last at 4:10 p.m. Since that's only 13 minutes later than POP, maybe POP to MIA is the way to go or stay one more day and go the next (12/11) in the a.m.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hey Mike,

I just got a letter saying that my flights were changed. I called them up and made them change things for free to suit me. You have them by the balls if you want to change dates or times and you won't have to pay. Look at it as a freebie. I just extended an extra day.

Good luck
Escott

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks, all, for the good info

I'm stuck leaving on the 10th. I wish I could stay another day (I wish I could stay another month!) but my butt is supposed to be back inside this cubicle and churning out program code on December 11th. That will exhaust my PTO (paid time off) days for 2002.
With any luck, I'll get to return two times in 2003. That is if the airline situation doesn't get too much worse. I wish Southwest Airlines would add San Juan to their destinations.
Thanks to this Board and the knowledgeable and friendly people who frequent this cyberplace, I'm much better prepared this time around. Thanks again.
Mike B, aka
saint louis mike